Sleepings/top quilts

peterk123

WKR
The coldest I have camped in is 34 degrees in Yellowstone. I used an air mattress and a 40 degree quilt. I wore fleece pants and sweater and a knitted hat. Nice and comfy. What are you guys using for backcountry camping during hunting season?

Thanks

Pete

def90

WKR
Fleece pants, puffy jacket with a hood I can pull over my head and a beanie. I have a 40 degree bag and can stay comfy much colder than that with the above clothing combination. Oh yeah, a good insulated sleeping pad is worth the money.

ODB

WKR
xped mattress And my same old LL Bean 650 20 degree bag I’ve used for a decade now.

hiway_99

FNG
I use a 0° ugq top quilt and an exped pad. I've slept in to the mid teens no problem. I did wear merino base layers and my hunting socks. You also need something for your head. I wear a beanie and the skree base layer with the hood on it. The base Ayer works great at keeping the beanie on. I also sleep warm.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I've got a exped insulated mat and a enlightened equipment revelation 10* quilt. Good in a base layer to about 20 and have had it in single digits with a puffy and beanie.

I dont zip the foot box or wrap mine around the pad. I basically use it as a blanket. If I used it as designed I could get it down further I think pretty easily

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Some of y’all must be pretty cold sleepers, or I’m just a warm sleeper. It’s gonna have to be in the 20’s for me to need to wear base layers in my bag.

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
Enlightened Equip Revelation 10* with an REI Flash insulated pad. The EE's are pretty optimistic with their temp rating. I wear base layers when its warmer and add puffy pants and puffy jacket when it gets around freezing.

I had a EE revelation 20 and found myself sleeping in my day clothes plus puffy jacket in the 20s/low 30s. I switched to a 10 degree revelation that weighs the same due to higher fp down and it’s way better for my needs. I was in it below freezing (not sure the exact temp) the other week a few nights In my boxers and shirt and was comfortable. Wearing all my clothes I’m sure the teens wouldn’t be a problem. I’ve also used it opened up and loose on 70 degree nights. I run a thermarest xlite pad