Slick bag +20 comparison?

Blackhawk45hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Im strongly considering investing in a Kifaru 20* slick bag but am curious how it compares with my current bag, which is a USGI intermediate bag.

Does anybody have both that can compare them in warmth?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Can’t speak to your current bag but the slick bags are pretty nice. No frills but kifaru durability and the center zip is sort of nice sometimes. I do t use mine all the time but during fall moose season, it’s perfect.

carter33

WKR
I have a good amount of experience with USGI bags and now own a kifaru 20* bag. The comparison is not fair honestly, the kifaru is warmer, roomier and packs smaller. If you have been getting by with the USGI bag the switch will leave you glad you spent the extra money.

OP
Blackhawk45hunter

Blackhawk45hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a good amount of experience with USGI bags and now own a kifaru 20* bag. The comparison is not fair honestly, the kifaru is warmer, roomier and packs smaller. If you have been getting by with the USGI bag the switch will leave you glad you spent the extra money.
That’s awesome to hear, as I’ve slept in the USGI down to 18* without feeling the slightest cold. I was just hoping it would match the warmth and pack smaller and lighter. Sounds like I’ll be ordering one later this year.

carter33

WKR
Kifaru doesn’t have sales often but one is actually going on right now for shelters, sleeping bags and the parkas. The code is “kifsale15” for 15% off, ends Sunday night. Tried to share a picture but couldn’t get it to load.

OP
Blackhawk45hunter

Blackhawk45hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru doesn’t have sales often but one is actually going on right now for shelters, sleeping bags and the parkas. The code is “kifsale15” for 15% off, ends Sunday night. Tried to share a picture but couldn’t get it to load.

I saw that! I can’t swing it at the moment though, gotta put my expendable funds toward my Idaho bear hunt in a few weeks.