slick bag vs wiggys ul

Lando

WKR
I don't have a slick bag, but I have several Wiggy's bags and a 10 degree climashield apex quilt from VIAM Outdoors. But I can't imagine paying $400 for a climashield bag. A VIAM quilt will run you a little over $200 and weigh between 2 and 3 pounds.

I'd take the slight bulk and weight penalty on the Wiggy's at the sale price of $130 - $140 over the slick anyday:

I slept warm in my Super Light in the back of my open top truck in 8 degree weather during Colorado 3rd season last year.

My Wiggys is -20 and weighs 6.5 lbs. I just had it soaked and had to crawl inside. A camp two hours later it was mostly dry and already keeping me very very warm. Try that with UL down? Trade offer I know, but still prefer enormous bunker-esque wiggys

isu22andy

WKR
What wiggys bags are you guys backpacking with ? My 0 degree is a giant lol

bcimport

WKR
I’m back to carrying my 20 wiggys. I cut the double draft tube out and reduced bulk some. Liked my down quilt but got tired of worrying about getting it wet or tearing it.

Randall

FNG
Slick Bag.

I tried to save a buck going with Wiggy's.

My Super Light was not the advertised dimensions or weight (I expected the weight to be a little off but it was more than a pound). The width of the bag was also 4" smaller than stated. I'm not a huge guy (6', 165lb) and my shoulders wouldn't fit in a Long/Reg.

I'm a lifelong "yes sir", "no sir" respectful type of guy and when I called Wiggy's about exchanging it for a wide, Jerry literally started yelling at me and wouldn't let me finish speaking. He told me I was an idiot for ordering what I did and eventually hung up on me.

Bought a Slick bag the same day and never looked back.

Id rather pay double to a company that treats me like family than give money to a pompous a-hole

Randall

FNG
I got the -20 Reg/Wide. It's super spacious. I realistically would have probably been fine with the regular width but I do like the extra room. After being cramped in the Wiggy's I wasnt taking any chances.

The coldest I've had the Slick bag out in is 10deg directly on top of 6" wet snow. No shelter. Sleeping in the nude I was comfortable through the night but would have put on base layers had it not been a test.

The -20 Reg/Wide slick bag packs up smaller than the 0deg Super Light and weighs at least 6oz less (my scale maxes out at a hair over 5lbs and the Long/Reg Super Light was more than that). The Slick bag weighs 4lb 10oz. I never used the Super Light so I cant speak for its warmth.

Akshphntr

FNG
My wiggys is the most comfortable bag on the planet. But bulky and heavy so when hiking a long ways i take a down bag.