Slick Trick Broadheads

bohntr

WKR
I tested them thoroughly when they first came out (on a few hogs, etc.)........they are a quality well constructed head that fly well at all distances. While I don't shoot them (I shoot Wac'em), I would have no hesitation on recommending their use for any North American big game animal.

weaver

WKR
Have preformed very well for me. At first i was concerned about the steep blade angle but i have had nothing but pass thrus. Heres a doe i shot in october. My buddy accused me of secretly using RAGE!

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm using ST now, but I haven't hit anything with them yet. They are easy to get to fly. I also had good luck with Wac Em.

Last edited:

JPhelps

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot the 100 gr. original Slick Tricks and they have performed awesome on the big bodied Roosevelts here in Washington.

tradair1980

Lil-Rokslider
Have preformed very well for me. At first i was concerned about the steep blade angle but i have had nothing but pass thrus. Heres a doe i shot in october. My buddy accused me of secretly using RAGE!

Dude are you sure you didnt throw a hatchet at her :)

They are top tier for sure! My favorite is the Standard. It was designed for larger bodied game like elk or moose. I have taken everything from squirrels to turkeys to black bear to deer to hogs with them. They are phenomenal heads.

VAHUNTER

FNG
i use the Slick Tricks 100gr Magnums. Fantastic heads. razor sharp and fly like FP'S. the blade resharpen very easy. took 4 deer and a bear with the same head this past season.

B

bearguide

looks like a good head/ how thick are the blades, it is not listed on the site

keep

Lil-Rokslider
they have .035 stainless steel blades

I've shot a bunch of animals with them and have always had great success with them. The most notable is my elk that I caught in the shoulder and it held up and penetrated well and a bear that it left a huge hole in.

Attachments

• 100_0472.jpg
    100_0472.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 2007 bear slick trick hole.JPG
    2007 bear slick trick hole.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 28

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been shooting slick Tricks for years..........many animals taken with ZERO failures. They fly great out of any setup I try with them.

vcb

WKR
Its a great fixed broadhead. I shoot the 125 standard. Shot a bull last year...double lung....he ran 40 yards to the left and fell over. Fly like darts.

I shot one cow elk with ST and a few whitetails. they have always performed very good for me.
-Cow elk was 57 yards. Passthrough double lung.
-Whitetail was 18 yards. Pass through heart shot.
Those are my last two kills with ST

I love Slick Tricks. I also just use the standards. I shot an elk and two does with the same head. All I did was switch out the blades. My don was 20yds quartered away. The broadhead busted through a rib as it entered, quartered up through both lungs, busted through the offside shoulder blade and meat, before the hide on the offside stopped the head. After I recovered the elk the head looked like new and while the blades had been dulled they were not damaged.