Slick trick viper or wicked trick & Exodus for elk

nebhunt

WKR
Maybe this has been covered before but didn't find what I was looking for. Anyway, of those three I have only used the viper 100 gr and it hits where the field points do and groups really well. Just didn't know where the wicked trick or Exodus compares. I think the vipers will do fine with the elk but if one of the other two can hold up with the viper in accuracy and penetration but makes a bigger hole that would be great.

Moneyball

WKR
Quality, sharp, accurate head that is hitting with your field points. No real NEED to look further, but always interesting to experiment. All of these heads have taken elk in multiple locations and scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
The wicked trick is very wide, I would stay with the viper trick for elk. Just less to push though.

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
I have used slick trick viper trick, magnums, and standards. I bought a pack of QAD Exodus to test out this year. They were very sharp right out of the package and fly very accurately. I will have exodus or ST standards in my quiver this year. Probably both. I also tested some Magnus stinger 4 blades, which shot better than I expected.

Exodus.
I’ve watched enough torture tests that these hold up well even after being punished. Cheaper alternative to an iron will

tlkaetz

WKR
I love the QAD Exodus broadheads. I've got some Iron Wills and keep a few in my quiver. I shot all my deer this year with the Exodus heads. I've just got so much confidence in them.

fatlander

WKR
The exodus is a tougher head in the testing I’ve done. Not to say the slick trick isn’t more than tough enough, but the exodus is a tank.

The exodus is less forgiving to form issues than the viper tricks. It’s also louder in flight than the viper, at least to my ears.

The exodus will not penetrate as well as the viper trick. It probably won’t matter most of the time, but apples to apples, the viper trick is built for better penetration.

I don’t think either is a bad choice. I’ve got a quiver full of vipertricks. I’m a firm believer in only being as good as my worst arrow. My worst shots with the viper trick find the mark better than the exodus. YMMV.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
I've been shooting the viper's for the past 5 years or so. They've blown through everything and came out fine. Including two pass-through's at 45+ yards on elk and half a dozen whitetails, including through an elbow joint as well as a briscuit straight down without any issues. I'm sure the Exodus would be fine as well, just haven't shot them.

I've done a lot of shooting & testing with the Viper Tricks and the Exodus. Both are super sharp. Both hit with my field tips. I've shot both through several materials. In what I've seen, the Exodus takes a slight edge with durability. The Viper Trick takes a slight edge with penetration. However, with 1 shot through 1 elk, it won't matter. They will both do the job very well. If it shoots straight for you, run with it and be confident that it'll work

NorvTex

WKR
I've never had a Slick Trick brand head not fly 100% true. In addition to Iron Wills I'm working with right now, I always have a few ST heads in my quiver (Wicked Tricks right now).

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Personally me I would pick the Exodus over Slicktrick. I use to love slicktrick and between my dad and I we have shot ALOT of deer with them (upwards of 50+). But when the outdoor group bought them out it seems like the quality of the steel with blades went down. Two years ago my dad shot a 90lb whitetail (Florida deer) and one of the blades hit above the knuckle, granted the deer still died but one of the blades sheared off. I have also had plenty of the ST blades bend or have severe edge chatter since the outdoor group started owning them. Before that I never had any of these problems besides the occasional edge chatter. Keep in mind these are Florida Whitetails (average 70-120lbs) not anything big like the midwest or a big mulie and nothing like an elk.

The animals (deer and pigs) I have shot with the exodus I have yet to experience any of this.

Northwinds308

Lil-Rokslider
I've had good results with the Exodus myself, they fly very well. I hit a mule deer high on the rib and both sides were like a .33 cal entrance hole where it annihilated the rib on both sides. Arrow probably flew another 15-20 yards.

Been using the ST Viper tricks 125 for couple years. Shot at a bull in September and swore it should have connected, 42 yds. We found no blood and no Elk anywhere. Now yesterday I shot a cow Elk with same setup and she died 60 yds away, and no blood again. 55yds this time, arrow passed through the off side ribs breaking a couple. What's with the no blood? Wondering if the bull from earlier in year may have been a pass through. Thinking of going back to Magnus stingers, the Elk I shot with them left a good blood trail.

Pramo

WKR
I've killed elk and deer with both heads, as other said the vipertrick will penetrate better but the Exodus is stronger. I still use the Exodus as my fixed head of choice due to the larger cut producing better blood trails. The Exodus is a little less forgiving so I pack a few expandables when it's windy and where legal.

rj2

WKR
I have a bunch of wicked tricks but might have to convert them to vipers.

anyone try the 1" bleeder from the 85grain heads instead of the 7/8" bleeder that comes on viper tricks?