Slick Tricks and Shuttle T's

OP
WyoBowhunter21
I have some pretty good colorado friends completely opposite of the "hippy" type. There petroleum engineers and hunters but here at wyoming there are some straight up hippies. I met a girl who yelled at me because I was in an energy related major and agree with oil and gas. She drove a 1995 crown Vic and said it got great gas mileage.... She also told me that oil and gas does nothing and we can live without it. Long story short, she drives a Prius now...

The Exodus have the best balance of edge retention, ferrule strength, penetration and flight of any head I have tested. My Slick Tricks bladed used to get scuffed and nicked up super easily...not so with these. I have shot about 20 animals with the Exodus now, including African game. I have put them thru as many as three hogs without resharpening the edge. I even shot a doe once at 55 yards and spined her. It was a complete pass thru of the spine and the head buried in the dirt behind her. I cleaned off the head and it looked like it had never been shot. Check out this pic of a hog I shot--I captured the image from the video. I am also including a pic of a head I shot thru three hogs last week--it looks almost brand new!

Attachments

• Bloody Hog Pic.jpg
    Bloody Hog Pic.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 77
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 403384_501214376577675_1979317461_n.jpg
    403384_501214376577675_1979317461_n.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 61
Thanks, 64. I really like the FOC retaining quality of the QAD. Is either broadhead legal in CO & AK? What changes the weights, ferrel length?

Thanks, 64. I really like the FOC retaining quality of the QAD. Is either broadhead legal in CO & AK? What changes the weights, ferrel length?

Both the Swept and the Full are legal in CO.

The blades of the Swept and the Full are interchangeable with each other at the same weight; the 85 and the 100 blades are also interchangeable; the 125 and Deep Six model blades are not interchangeable with any of the others. The weight differences comes both from the ferrules and the blades, depending on the models.

I do love the blade over shaft design, similar to the Ramcat--but these are way, way, way more durable. FOC and overall arrow length and spine remain exactly the same with field points and Exodus heads. They also fit in a quiver fine, while Ramcats have a bit more of a challenge.

Slick tricks and shuttle t's are two of the very best replaceable blade heads out there. I have shot slicks for 4 years now and I'm completely satisfied.

Slick tricks and shuttle t's both are great. Having compared the two over the years. The shuttles are slightly tougher and fly more accurate.

Last edited:
I was wondering the same about the swept or full. There are some pretty good torture tests on YouTube.

Theoretically, the Swept fly a bit better and the Full are a bit more durable. You can just look at the design and conclude that. However, I have shot both very accurately out to 80 yards. I would give a very slight advantage to the Swept in flight, if any at all.

I have shot both models thru many animals, and have not seen any difference in durability...even on large African plains game. I have not had one blade break or even bend. I have hit rocks after zipping thru an animal and slightly nicked the point or blades.

The Swept are considered barbed and are illegal in some states.

My personal favorite is the Swept, just because it looks so wicked cool on the end of my arrow. I just look down at it when the arrow is nocked on my string and know "there will be blood." :)

I bought a set of Slick Trick "Griz Trick" and a set of Steelforce "Phatheads" recently... Haven't been able to see what kind of damage they can cause yet but I like how they fly so far... The Steelforce seem to be VERY well built and you can send them back to the company (in PA) at any time to have them sharpened for the cost of shipping.