Slider Setup Question

I just got a 5 pin MBG slider that I am in the process of setting it up.

Where does everyone put there "ZERO"? I.e., where the 60yd floater is at 60yds. With the housing all the way up? Or, where the slider is flush with the bracket (Steve from S&S has this in a video)?

Thanks!

jmez

WKR
I set mine so the housing is up as far as possible when the sight is in the home position. That will give you the maximum amount of distance with the slider.

I set mine flush last year and could still dial to 100 yards or more.
Depends if you want to be able to slide your floater up to shoot closer.
With flush I think I could dial my floater up to 33 yards.

OR Archer

WKR
I set mine so the housing is up as far as possible when the sight is in the home position. That will give you the maximum amount of distance with the slider.
This^^
Plus it’s the easiest way to zero it back out and can be done without looking.

I like mine all the up in the home position and have a couple of BG 5 pin sliders. When you dial back to home as OR Archer says above you know you have indexed the sight into the proper position. Just don't over crank on it raising it up against the stops or you'll strip out the bar the gear teeth engage.

As per max yardage, my fletch will contact the sight ring long before the sight is dialed all the way down.

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
I set my BG 3pin the same as JMEZ, OR ARCHER, and BLOCKCAVER for the same reasons; max travel and no look zero.

PredatorX

WKR
I set mine flush last year and could still dial to 100 yards or more.
Depends if you want to be able to slide your floater up to shoot closer.
With flush I think I could dial my floater up to 33 yards.

You could add a second yardage indicator to dial up for everything below 33. That's what I'm going to do. I would hate being limited to dialing to the yard only after 33.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
I center mine, keeps the dust out of the track when using it in a fixed position. I also can still shoot out to 130yards or more and dial up and use my floater to shoot everything from 10-130 to the exact yard. I like being able to dial for shorter distance at 3D shoots.

You could add a second yardage indicator to dial up for everything below 33. That's what I'm going to do. I would hate being limited to dialing to the yard only after 33.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
You can indicate all you want.
But if the housing is out of up travel you ain't gonna dial any closer man.
So if u put it at top and whatever pin u use for the floater that all the closer it will go.

You could do double indicators and double floating pins.
But matter what yardage ur floater is sighted in for when the housing is all the way up is all the closer you can dial it.

Double and double is to much for my brain power in the field tho.:)

PredatorX

WKR
Ha I hear you on that. I spent my whole archery life behind a single pin moveable.

I'm in a predicament because I want long range so that means I should probably run my new 3 pin slider with the bottom being the floater.

But I also like the return to zero feature of the sight. My zero would be 20-30-40.

This means with a 40 floater I would have to gap the 20-40 pins for those in between yardages. For just shooting around I love to dial to the yardage. (Really should be practicing shooting off the gap though).

With my MBG I would run 2 indicators. One on each side of the sight. 1 side would probably have the tape starting at 40 and the bottom pin is my floater. The other side my tape could be 20-40 whereas I could dial those in between yardages with the top pin. (Mainly used for flinging arrows)

But yeah I am so used to single pin. Hate sight clutter and potential confusion so we'll see how it goes!