Slider Sight POI Differences

Joyce

FNG
I posted this over on AT but haven't received anything helpful yet so I'll try here. I finally got around to putting the tape on my MBG Ascent Verdict 4 pin. The pins are set for 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards with the 50 being the slider. I've got the sight set up so "home" is in the middle of the slide (on the MBG the top of the slider rail is flush with the top of the fixed rail). This way I can dial up or down from 50 yards. When I dial the slider to 20 yards and shoot, the POI is about 2" lower than when I use the 20 yd pin with the slider at "home". Is this purely caused by a form issue (altering my anchor points) or is there something else going on?

Tanner W

Lil-Rokslider
In what case would you want to dial down from 50 if you already have set pins at 20, 30 and 40?

if you want to be able to dial exact yardage (ex: 43) just dial your pointer to 53 and now your set pins would be 23, 33,43,53. This is the method I use, but “home” is dialed all the way at the top. And I have 20,30,40,50,60. 60 is my floater

EDIT: sorry I didn’t even answer your question but missing 2” off maybe be to not having the most perfect tape and or the change in the housing position aligned with your peep. By the way I am not a bow tech and I’m probably wrong haha

OP
J

Joyce

FNG
I got the idea for doing so here.

I can dial for exact yardage anywhere from 20 to 100 yds with plenty of clearance on my arrow so it seemed like a good route to take.

Going to monitor my anchors closely when switching back and forth between sight positions and see if I notice any differences.

MattB

WKR
Are you centering the housing in your peep when doing both? If so, it could be anchor related.

Put me in the camp of it being pointless (and iapparently counterproductive) to dial your floater to 20 when you already have a 20 yard pin.

When you set your sight tape, it should be based on your slider at 20 yards and again at 60+. Then, with your slider in the “home” position (50 yards for your setup), sight in the pins above it moving each individually. Your slider pin should work at any yardage you dial it to otherwise it’s not set up right and you’re probably going to be off at longer distances in addition to the shorter ones you’re noticing.

nphunter

WKR
It’s your peep alignment. I still find it more accurate to dial up than splitting pins when shooting mid pin shots at 3D shoots. I typically dial up for 35+ shots and I find them pretty darn close, as you dial all the way past 20 your moving your housing quite a bit.

I find the same thing shooting out 90+ I start to shift my alignment so my site tapes although spot on at 20-80 start to not be as accurate when moving way out. Your best bet would be to ditch the tapes and mark up your own. A friend had his marked from 3-120 yards all with a pen and he shoots very well, no printed site tape will ever be 100% accurate across your entire spectrum. Everyone adjust their anchor differently and it also depends on peep size, distance between the peep and sight housing and how much throw in the slider.