WTB SLIK 624 PRO CF PROFESSIONAL CARBON FIBER TRIPOD

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I looking for a all-in one tri-pod set-up for hunting, looking at the Slik 624. I am looking for a small compact tripod that I can use for both glassing and shooting from. I can't seem to find the perfect one for both. either works great for glassing but not for shooting (too heavy and bulky) or great for shooting but not for glassing (won't fit a spotting scope). If anyone has a set-up that they use, I would like to know what you have. I am sure I am NOT the only one here looing for a great set-up to use in the back country. thanks for any insite you can provide. :D

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I currently run slik 624 634 and 824 tripods. Unfortunately each has their strengths and weaknesses. The good part is I have less $ in all three by buying used in excellent condition than one outdoorsmans tripod costs new.
I'm not a serious backpack hunter or ounce counter. I prefer the 824 for its stability, the 624 for its size and weight and the 634 because it can do just about anything I want. All are fantastic.

OP
Mountainman007
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run slik 624 634 and 824 tripods. Unfortunately each has their strengths and weaknesses. The good part is I have less $ in all three by buying used in excellent condition than one outdoorsmans tripod costs new.
I'm not a serious backpack hunter or ounce counter. I prefer the 824 for its stability, the 624 for its size and weight and the 634 because it can do just about anything I want. All are fantastic.

thank you for responding... So you like the 634 the best? Have you shot from it?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
thank you for responding... So you like the 634 the best? Have you shot from it?
634 is the most versatile.

I have shot from and outdoorsmans shooting v on the 634. It's adequate for my needs. If I was using a heavy long range rifle that attaches directly to my tripod head system it would be the 824.

With any tripod system it is only as good as the weakest part. Tripod , head , shooting rail , bino mount, etc.
I personally run slik carbon tripods, outdoorsmans and gitzo heads, and outdoormans bino adapters and accessories.

If I could only own one it would be the 824. But as I said I'm not carrying it for 10 days on my back.