Slik 733 CF opinions

handwerk

WKR
I am looking to get down to one all-around tripod for both binos and my swaro STS 65 spotter that will work for both sitting and standing ( I'm 6'1")
it seems like the 733 might be a good fit.

I have the 733. It works extremely well for all around use. I use it for spotting and tripod shooting. 6'2 here, it has proven to be a solid performer.

I have the 733. It works extremely well for all around use. I use it for spotting and tripod shooting. 6'2 here, it has proven to be a solid performer.
What head are your shooting from?

OP-I’ve got a 733 with a VA5 and it has been my favorite setup. However with the 65mm scope you could probably get away with a 6 series from slik and save quite a bit of weight. If utmost stability is your priority then the 733 will do it.

I can't recall off the top of my head - I had doug at cameraland get me set up with this. All in all they were great to deal with and its very solid to shoot off of!

OP
H

handwerk

WKR
I will be using the outdoorsman regular pan head. I ran into a guy selling a LNIB 733 at a good price so it's got my interest. I don't think I can stand behind the 6 series.

id_jon

WKR
You should be good with the 733. I can stand with binos on my 634 and depending on wind can stand with my swaro 65 on it. I've shot off it standing with a 12lb rifle and it works ok. Kneeling/sitting its much better.

The CF733 is a great tripod and very sturdy. The carbon fiber absorbs a good amount of vibration. We have it on sale thru 3/31 at 15% off retail ($289.95) to $246.46

Feel free to call me with any questions at 516-217-1000

Forest

WKR
I've got the 724. Not shooting off it but handles my 82mm spotter very well even in the wind. Have considered buying a small lightweight setup for the trips where I just have binos cause the 7 is more than necessary for that. But overall I put it through a fair bit of abuse and works as good as it did brand new. I bought mine off the clearance rack right from sliks website.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

We are starting a sale tomorrow,5/27, but you can call me today, the price is going to 258.06 and then members here can use the code TS22 and get another 15% off on all Slik, Sirui and Peak Design tripods. The code is an ongoing thing until further notice. The sale is our Mothers day sale running through Mother's Day. The CF733 is the only Slik CF tripod we and Slik are out of stock on. Due in the middle of May. You can order it now and get the sale price and it would ship when in

Joel
516-217-1000

mcseal2

WKR
I will be using the outdoorsman regular pan head. I ran into a guy selling a LNIB 733 at a good price so it's got my interest. I don't think I can stand behind the 6 series.
If you will be shooting off the tripod check out the Outdoorsman's rifle rest. It's pricey, but with 2 points of contact with the rifle it's been a game changer for me. I've shot whitetail, moose, caribou, and sitka blacktail off mine. Moose was kneeling at 300yds. Blacktail was standing at 200 shooting through a little window, caribou was standing at over 300yds. I shot a couple nice whitetail off it sitting in a chair with my elbow rested on my knee at 400yds. It's been great for times I can't go prone.