Slik 833 CF Tripod Multiuse

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
Wanted to get some feedback on whether the Slik 833 would be acceptable to use for a shooting tripod. I hope to be doing an open country elk hunt this fall. I want to be able to glass/photograph/video/shoot from one tripod. This model lists a 15 lb load limit. Will be shooting tikka t3x superlite 300 win and kimber 84 hunter .308. Do you guys think this will work?
With a ball head and arca swiss mount.

id_jon

WKR
I've shot off my 733 and 634 standing with my 14lb rifle. I think its a really good idea to shoot a Kraft target(attached for easy access) to see what your capable of in different positions off your particular tripod with your rifle.

Attachments

• data_target.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
OP
Whitetoptom

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
The 833 is a big tripod. I just don't want to get one that will fail overtime if used for a shooting tripod. I will be developing a load over this late spring and summer and want to get my shooting aid dialed in. My sister and her husband have been in this area hunting twice now and what I gather from their expierience, a shooting aid of this nature may be valuable. My sister and I may both have tags for this hunt so I want to get this system dialed so that we could potentially take accurate shots at the extended ranges encountered in this area.