Sling hook for backpack

Catchfish

WKR
I’m thinking about trying to make a small hook to mount on my backpack strap to help hold my rifle sling from sliding off my shoulder. I’m sure a lot of people have done this already would like to see what you’ve made.

I bought a sling hook from Amazon a couple years ago for under $15 called sling saddle it kept the sling in place perfectly but it was very uncomfortable on my shoulder I tried to adjust it away but it always found it’s way back. Got a kifaru gun bearer and couldn’t be happier, works perfectly for me. If you’re set on making something yourself which is cool, I’d look at one of those to copy. You can also buy parts of it if you can’t fab everything the way you want.

Simple and it works
That looks way better than the sling saddle I tried The plastic clip on it was very uncomfortable it’d be better with the strap around the pack strap. It looks like it’d work great for shorter hikes but I like how secure the gun bearer holds the rifle close and doesn’t swing around when in maneuvering over obstacles etc and when hiking longer distances. I definitely see the advantage of both for different situations. I might get one of those to use for throwing on a day pack for a quick look at a spot etc. I can’t stand a sling alone as they are always slipping of a backpack strap.

I don't have a sling on any of my rifles. When I'm packing, my rifle is strapped to my pack, because I'm not hunting, I'm moving myself and gear from point A to point B. When I'm hunting, my rifle is in my hands.

Wrench

WKR
I spun some up out of hdpe... basically a mushroom that has a 10x24 screw through the shoulder web....works great.

I have a long piece of webbing with a g hook on the end that ties into the load lifter tabs on my stone glacier pack and the butt slides into their gun bearer sling bucket deal. I tied a loop from accessory cord to the end swivel stud and just hook the ghook through that, makes it really easy to change the angle of the dangle so I'm always good with where the muzzle is pointed. And then if I'm really not going to need the gun for a while I just put it through some compression straps on the pack bag really nice being tied into the load lifters so the entire weight is on the pack structure

ChrisInAK

FNG
Haven’t thought about doing this. I’m going to have to try adding something to the top of my shoulder strap to prevent the slip. Just needs to be a rise above the strap, nothing fancy.