Sling pack/fanny pack recommendation

Josh213

FNG
Im picky and don't like having a shoulder strap from a backpack between my shoulder and the the recoil pad. Does anyone have any recommendations on a quality one strap sling pack?

I would even consider a fanny pack if there was one big enough to fit a nalgene water bottle, some small gear, hoist, rope, etc in which I wouldn't need the shoulder straps for.

Most of the hunting I do is still hunting/tracking. I have an Alpz Outdoors sling pack currently but the zippers already popped off after two season. Was looking for a quality setup.

Thanks for the help!

Jimss

WKR
I guess I’m confused by the straps? If you don’t like straps possibly strap your rifle to a backpack? I always use a backpack because I always have a spotter, tripod and a bunch of other gear.

OP
J

Josh213

FNG
I guess I’m confused by the straps? If you don’t like straps possibly strap your rifle to a backpack? I always use a backpack because I always have a spotter, tripod and a bunch of other gear.
When I shoulder my firearm I don't like having having any "stuff" (i.e., shoulder straps) between my coat and the recoil pad of the firearm. It feels more natural without having the straps and I tend to shoot a little better as well. I carry my firearm in my hand while hunting so no need to strap anything to a pack.

Thank you!