Sling stud install

mms2

FNG
I have an Alamo precision approach I picked up used. It has a pic rail on the front to mount a bipod and flush cups for sling. I don’t think I like the pic rail and would prefer to go to regular sling studs any idea what I should order? Or how to install, it’s a ln AG composite stock. I have never installed studs before. Looks like the rail attaches with 2 bolts what are the chances I can find studs that fit the same thread pattern?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any threaded sling studs should work. It’s typically a common size because they are interchangeable.

You might check the threads at the hardware store to confirm.

They are cheap. If you were close you can come pick some out of my spare parts bin.

OP
mms2

mms2

FNG
Do you use the wood screw style for the back in a carbon fiber stock?

The front I understand if I can find thread pattern that matches studs for the pic rail

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For the rear, I would use a QD stud insert.

If I can’t use that. Then I would pull the butt pad and use a bolt and nut. Bend a washed and epoxy it in place so it never fails. If no that then drill a small hole and inject a generous blob of epoxy and then put the wood screw style into that and spin it around to get it really coated with epoxy to add support so it doesn’t pull out.