Slip sliding away

Phaseolus

WKR
During this years Backpack archery hunt I used a new thermarest xtherm and a Borah bivy. I couldn’t keep the bag on top of the pad inside the bivy, both pieces were extremely slippery. After not sleeping for most of the first two nights I gave up on the bivy and slept under my Eolus without the bivy and just on the extherm (which was sitting on top of my Matty Mcmacface EVA) and had no further problems. I like the idea of the extra protection from the bivy but it didn’t work. I need to make it less slippery in some fashion. It seems to the bivy.

EastMT

WKR
I took a little clear silicon and smeared a few lines on both sides. Smear it thin with a finger. Will last a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Phaseolus

Phaseolus

WKR
I assume the silicon goes on the pad? Thanks for the suggestions.

EastMT

WKR
Yes, I put it on both sides of the pad. Helps if your tent is on a slight incline as well. Makes tossing and turning a little more difficult, if you turn your bag as well, but better than sliding off

Could you trim your Matty McMacface and put it in the bivy but under your pad?

How do you like the Matty? I have tossed around ordering one.

BTW in some of the places we have to sleep while hunting we could use glue and still slide off the mountain. LOL

OP
Phaseolus

Phaseolus

WKR
I like the matty, I use it instead of a ground cloth. It gives a bit more cush and insulation as well as protection under the Eolus. I also used it to haul some pocket gopher dirt to level my sleep site up, a very useful piece of kit.

Attachments

• 862FAA1D-739A-4F58-A0B7-8F7C5B707480.jpeg
    862FAA1D-739A-4F58-A0B7-8F7C5B707480.jpeg
    800.9 KB · Views: 78

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It’s worth a good night sleep leveling a sight well . The Eolus nest works well and is about the weight of Marty and the Bivy combined

OP
Phaseolus

Phaseolus

WKR
It’s worth a good night sleep leveling a sight well . The Eolus nest works well and is about the weight of Marty and the Bivy combined

Are the Eolus nest skirts water resistant?

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do you mean the floor ? Yes . The entrance sides and the top and bottom of the head and foot are DWR / Liner as well

Mudd Foot

WKR
My system is a triple stack. Big Agnes Lost Dog with the Pad sleeve coupled with Q Core SLX. An Exped 1/8” foam roll 72x20 goes under the SLX. This goes inside a custom long/wide. Borah Bug Bivy