Slippage

I have been doing training hikes with my duplex frame loaded with 75lbs. Everything is hunky dory until about mile 7 when the belt and my shirt and every thing else is soaked with sweat. After that point the only way I can keep the hip belt from sliding down is if I set it above my hips and crank it down for all im worth -for that hourglass look.

Is there any thing I can do to help this? Or is it just a fact of life.

What stays do you have? Which version of the Duplex and belt? This can sometimes be caused if you don't have the right stays. Also, just to make sure, the center of the belt is supposed to be directly on your Illiac Crest, which is higher than some people think. It is also somewhat normal to need to re-tighten your belt every mile or so as no buckle will have absolutely no slippage.

As anyone who has come to the Kifaru backpack cardio can attest, I sweat quite a bit and if this was a fact of life then I would never be able to keep my pack up.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
After that point the only way I can keep the hip belt from sliding down is if I set it above my hips and crank it down for all im worth -for that hourglass look.

That's how I always wear my packs. That's why I use one-piece belts without lumbar pads. Put it on, crank it down, and it's impossible for the belt to slip below the waist. But that's not how the 3-piece belts with lumbar pads are designed to be worn.

OP
skaldugwas
What stays do you have? Which version of the Duplex and belt? This can sometimes be caused if you don't have the right stays. Also, just to make sure, the center of the belt is supposed to be directly on your Illiac Crest, which is higher than some people think. It is also somewhat normal to need to re-tighten your belt every mile or so as no buckle will have absolutely no slippage.

As anyone who has come to the Kifaru backpack cardio can attest, I sweat quite a bit and if this was a fact of life then I would never be able to keep my pack up.

Curved stays and current frame and belt. Also Im positive i have it sitting right on my crest.
The belt itself is not slipping and getting wider, its locked in place.
Like i said it fits and carries 75lbs great, to the point where i don't need to adjust anything for a couple miles, but once I get a good lather worked up at around mile 7 there is no amount of ratcheting that will keep it in place for long.
I'm going to start packing a dry shirt and towel to swap out and see if that makes a difference.

Maybe someone has found a grippier fabric shirt than the standard cotton I have been using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockmail2

WKR
Not sure if this would help but you might consider the type of material shirt you're wearing. Some material performs much better at reducing how much you sweat and evaporating what sweat remains. Just an idea. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Curved stays and current frame and belt.

This may be an issue where you don't need quite as much curve in the stays. You may need to consider switching to metal stays to get the curve tweaked. I'd give Aron a call and discuss. Do you have the new new belt with the grip part on the sides or the old new belt with the grip point on the center buckle?

Not sure if this would help but you might consider the type of material shirt you're wearing. Some material performs much better at reducing how much you sweat and evaporating what sweat remains. Just an idea. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What I've found is if your tee shirt is excessively baggy, it definitively lends to slipping versus a shirt that isn't overly large for your body. A stretchy pure cotton shirt seems to be the worse for slippage. Might be caused by the sweat but, in my mind it's the shirt material becausehe shirt gets soaked, it really stretches bad.

Jauwater

WKR
I have a Kuhl snap up shirt I think it's called the renegade that does well under a pack. Also the Carhartt Work Twill Short Sleeve is a good pack shirt, but it's thick-ish.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk