Slipping off sleeping pad

I always have issues slipping off my sleeping pad in the middle of the night. I currently have the Neoair and I saw some people put furniture sticky pads on top to help with slipping. Has anyone used this or anything like it? Thanks!

Trial153

WKR
A aid pad helped me with this a lot. Now if I can figure a way to not my pillow slip off the back I will be golden

tdot

WKR
I just attached some velcro to my pad/pillow with double sided tape. Makes it one solid unit, it'll be tested next week. I've tried a couple of different methods and this seemsnto be the most solid

Silicone dots work to help a sleeping pad from sliding on a tent floor, it should also work to keep you on top. Apply them directly from a tube of silicone seal, just keep them flat/smooth so that you don't feel them.

EastMT

WKR
Smear some smooth flat lines of silicon, no more slipping. Can be a pain if you switch sides all night like I do, but no slipping

OP
SpartanKnight
Thanks for the suggestions. I put some little dots of clear silicone on both sides the pad and then spread the dots thin. Once dried, I tried it out and works great.

Ryhole

FNG
I just did this to mine last night. Hard to see, but I did some big thin strips of silicone. We will see how it is after a full night on a bit of a slope. Seems way better though.

Attachments

• 651376567.jpg
    651376567.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 60
I use an ultralight cot and have not had an issue since. It gets me up off the ground a bit and is so much warmer than sleeping on the ground, helps to keep my gear clean...

What cot do you use?
I actually have several of the Chinese models. When I get home I will try to remember to take a look at my favorite and get back to you. However, if you get one, you want it to be wide enough to be comfortable. I am fortunate to have a liquidation store close to home; so I get the opportunity to pick a lot of stuff up for a song and dance, i.e., very cheap. So if it is something I think I might want, I get it and test it. From my experiences with the Chinese ultralight cots, is that there is a very wide range of quality.

What I mean is that some are actually ultralight, some are just light. The assembly on some is easy, other a bit of a pain. The narrow cots, for me, work, but are not as comfortable as the wide ones. But the wide ones weigh more. However, the comfort and quality of sleep I get from a wide ultralight cot far surpasses any weight penalty. I my younger days, I have slept with my bag on the dirt at times. Although I would wake a bit sore and not so rested, I could handle it. Well, I am simply to old for that, and I need quality sleep to effectively continue the grind of a difficult hunt.

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks!
I've been thinking about getting 2 of those desert walker models. 100 bucks on amazon. Weigh about 3 pounds I believe.

@Lurch12. Here you go, not ultralight but I like this one. It is easy to setup, 29-1/4 inches wide, sturdy and comfortable.

Attachments

• 20210826_175133.jpg
    20210826_175133.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 28

Pn8hall

WKR
I tried the silicone but didnt last very long for me. I bought a borah bivy with the side zip. I slide my pad and bag in there and no more sliding off and the hood area on the bivy keeps my pillow in place. I used the thermarest ultralight cot for a few seasons also and that worked well also but sold it to shed some weight.

tdot

WKR
Another trick which I had to use on my hunt last week was to just simply keep the pad a little less inflated then normal.

rlmmarine

WKR
Big agnus bags have a sleve that the bad goes in and doesnt move around it works like a charm they also have a pocket sewn in for your pillow
I sleep better in that than my bed at home because im not chasing my pilllow