Slumberjack Downwind Sleeping Bag

Skee7533

FNG
Does anyone have any experience with the Slumberjack Downwind 0 or 20 degree sleeping bag? I would like an opinion on its performance.

Lando

WKR
There are a couple members that have discussed this bag if you search: slumberjack downwind.

WyoKid

WKR
I have the downwind 20 degree bag. A great bag for the money. Light and warm and treated down keeps it dry. Thought about 0 degree but needed to keep the weight down so went with 20 degree and wear layers if necessary on cold nights.

I used it on a 14 day Dall Sheep hunt in Alaska and we slept under a tarp. There was a constant drizzle most days and the bag stayed dry and beaded water well. I also use it for late season Elk in Colorado. As with most bags, use a good sleeping pad - I use a Nemo insulated - and have wool sleeping socks and sometimes wear my beanie on cold nights. It doesn't have a draft tube or draft collar but it does have a cinch hood. I also looked at Nemo bags since some of their bags have venting gills and I sleep warm but opted for SLJ given the price.