Slumberjack Grit Puffy

After a questionable few days with my Costco down puffy (which is a great jacket for $30 in dry weather) I wanted something a little more weather resistant. I wanted a dwr shell and synthetic insulation. Somethinglike the kelvin light or active jackets but not near $300.

I found this:
Grit Jacket | Slumberjack

Its 16oz and packs into the included stuff sack. It seems really solid and for less than $100 MSRP, is a good value for a light puffy. The only major drawback is no hood but since I'm not a big hood fan, this wasn't a big deal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

adamm88

WKR
Id be interested how it performs, I almost bought one but after digging up a few reviews i wasnt sure if it would fit my needs. The review i read was that the person was cold when it dipped into the 40s with this as a layer... To me that doesnt fit the roll that this jacket would fill for me.

I don’t want to dig up old threads but, has anyone given there gear a shot? The prices seem right with there year end sale if the stuffs any good.

I just purchased the Slumberjack Incog Puffy - curious to see how it compares to my FL unpronounceable - should arrive later this week.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the time spent on the reviews, it nice to hear from a guy that’s trying to break this gear not the guy trying to break the bank.

You’re welcome. Just to clarify though, I just try to use my gear without babying it. I’m not actually trying to break it.

You may be thinking of Ryan Avery.

I am lucky to have the opportunity to test a bunch of gear from entry level to top shelf, and for sure the priciest stuff is usually great. But still, my favorites are those pieces that outperform their price point!

Luziana Feller

Lil-Rokslider
I just purchased the Slumberjack Incog Puffy - curious to see how it compares to my FL unpronounceable - should arrive later this week.

any thoughts or reviews on the Incog jacket? i am trying to figure out which one to purchase (Grit or Incog) while they are on sale. I'm preparing for a hunt in CO mid October.

I'm fairly impressed with the Incog - I don't have a Grit for a true comparison, I've had a FL Cirrus in the past and would say the Incog is our similar weight/warmth. It's not as warm as my Uncompaghre but neither was the Cirrus, definitely think its a good option and folds nicely into it's own pocket for a pillow.

Luziana Feller

Lil-Rokslider
well for $70 i don't think i can beat it value-wise. i pulled the trigger. i called them to ask a few questions and they said they were revamping their entire clothing line. i guess that's why everything is half off...

i'll put it through it's paces doing some early spring fishing and post some follow ups. it was kind of hard finding info on these jackets...

Sounds like they are coming out with a complete new line - glad to see this brand taking off a bit, I'm a FL guy all the way but I will definitely consider additional pieces from SJ