Slumberjack nightfall?

dwils233

FNG
I was looking at the slumberjack website and noticed the nightfall tent series and though they seemed like good specs for either the 1 or 2 man for the price. Weight looked good especially if you ditch the interior bath tub. Anyone have a review or any insight on either of these? Impressions or opinions? Thanks

Turkeyfreak12

Lil-Rokslider
I’m also in the wait and see camp. It seems nice and meets a lot of the qualities I would want and for a good price.

mylsuhat

Lil-Rokslider
Got it in today. First impressions are very great. Packs down well, not like some of the high dollar ones I'm sure but very pack-able. Put it up easily despite a few reviews saying it's tough. (4 stakes, 1 pole, 2 stakes, 1 pole, 3 guylines)

ETA: I'm 6'1 and fit more than comfortably

Out of the box:

HyvK4Na.jpeg

1st time put up. 5 min or less.
I like the depth of the bathtub, should have no water issues

22fzfNZ.jpeg

In the vestibule I have my MR Metcalf loaded down and my bow. Fits well.

rmTyqeC.jpeg

Another angle

2h2Jprr.jpeg

I am excited to get it into the back country!

Looks good I think Im gonna order mine this evening! I'll probably ditch the inner mesh part and just run the foot print for my early season hunts!

Roper

FNG
Anyone used this in the field yet? Price point seems to good to be true.

mylsuhat

Lil-Rokslider
Tent worked really well on our backpack trip in Colorado.

Plenty of vestibule space and very comfortable. I am 6'1 195 and fit well in the tent. I could see it being cramped for someone taller though.

scooter25

FNG
I have the nightfall 3 and have used it several times on backpacking trips. The fly only option works good to save weight and maximize the space a little more. Some things I don't like about it is when using just the fly is there is about a 2" gap from the bottom of the fly to the ground so rain can get driven in if it's windy. Also there are no windows in it so to see out you have to open the front door. The aluminum poles bend very easy so you need to be careful with them. It has held up really well though and is a good affordable option. The size of the 3 works really well for 1 person and is tight with 2.

Last edited:
I applied for 1 Wyoming special draw antelope tag for my son, 2 doe tags for my son, and 2 doe tags for me. So all told we're in for 5 tags. I thought the special draw was a slam dunk but now talking to others I've found out its not always the case. My neighbor applied for that tag in a different unit and didn't draw. Anyway if we don't draw tags does anyone know of a state that has over the counter antelope tags available once Wyoming refunds my money? Never hunted outside of Pennsylvania so any advice is appreciated.
Don

Whats wrong with their bags?

The first SJK bag I bought made it about 2 days at elk basecamp before the quilting in the foot box blew out. The stitching was very loose in several other areas down there as well. They shipped a new bag free of cost after I sent pics of the first bag that they directed me to cut up, thus making it unusable.

The second bag has a zipper track that is already coming off the seam as well as the cinch straps seams partly ripping. The bag has been used a total of 3-4 trips throughout the last 2 years, so not much use.

BoTheHunter

Lil-Rokslider
The first SJK bag I bought made it about 2 days at elk basecamp before the quilting in the foot box blew out. The stitching was very loose in several other areas down there as well. They shipped a new bag free of cost after I sent pics of the first bag that they directed me to cut up, thus making it unusable.

The second bag has a zipper track that is already coming off the seam as well as the cinch straps seams partly ripping. The bag has been used a total of 3-4 trips throughout the last 2 years, so not much use.
Gotchya, ill take your bag if you havent ripped it up yet lol. Im 15 and i know how to sew, so ill fix it up!