Small Bear Taxidermy Ideas

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
I have hunted CO my whole life but never had a bear tag. This year one of the mule deer and elk properties I hunt has a problem bear coming around often. The landowner has some livestock and a small hobby farm that the bear will not leave alone. I went ahead and picked up an OTC tag to help her out as she wants this thing gone yesterday. It is a smaller bear nothing worth a big rug or a full body mount. Curious as to what any of you guys have done or seen done with smaller bears. Of course I am putting the cart in front of the horse here as the season doesn't start until September 2nd and he may venture off by then.

WCB

WKR
I would make a pair of gloves out of it. or maybe a couple pairs.

Friends dad had a pair of Black Bear gloves/mitts...some of the coolest mitts I have seen went up to about my elbow. Said I could have them and I forgot to grab them when leaving his house then never remembered until a couple years had passed. Stupid.

OP
strousek

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
I would make a pair of gloves out of it. or maybe a couple pairs.

Friends dad had a pair of Black Bear gloves/mitts...some of the coolest mitts I have seen went up to about my elbow. Said I could have them and I forgot to grab them when leaving his house then never remembered until a couple years had passed. Stupid.
Never thought of a good pair of mittens. I like the idea thank you!

bsnedeker

WKR
My buddy shot a tiny little bear this spring, I told him to give the hide to my mom as she makes teddy bears out of old fur coats...I think it would be great to make a full size teddy bear out of the thing!

MeatBuck

WKR
Seen a cub mounted sitting up on top of a wooden barrel. Barrel was made to look like it was full of honey with bees buzzing around the bear. Was more cute than cool but a neat idea nonetheless.

Saylean

FNG
You can also tube the hide and hang on the wall...meaning just do one cut from anus to heal of bottom feet and roll it back all the way to the head, then tan. Kind of unique way to do it. Good luck this season!

Brent

Lil-Rokslider
I have bear hide couch pillows that turned out awesome. Little rugs are kind of cool in kid rooms.

Trial153

WKR
Skin it fully then tan it and hang it by the head, you will know it's a bear and you be showing off how small it was but displaying it stretched.

lang

Lil-Rokslider
Standing with arms outstretched, paws forming a cup. You got it, best candy dish holder ever!

I shot a pretty small bear 2 days ago. I am going to have it tanned and plan on making pogie bar mitts for my fat bike with it.

Swampyak

FNG
Closed mouth should mount on a plaque with the ten front claw displayed around bottom of plaque.

CBreeze

FNG
I shot my first (only) archery bear 25 or so years ago and my buddies at the time gave me endless grief wanting to come see the bathroom once I got the toilet seat cover back. It was a legal bear. But a small one for sure. From a State where an average sow is 150 and average boar about 180