Small day pack

Blackstorm

Lil-Rokslider
Started my research on small day packs for a guided hunt so no need to pack out meat, want to hold first aid kit and basic survival stuff rifle and Binos will be up front. Need to lash on a bipod or tripod and hold 2nd pr of socks, rain gear and possibly a vest on coat depending on temp. The first one that I found is the Badlands pursuit that looks like it will work, is it a quality pack? any other units I should look at ? price is a concern just not the first one, fit and comfort are one and durability is two

pc3

WKR
I have just bought a Outdoorsman Butte 25....will be my walk around shotgun/fox drive/bird hunting bag it would do what you need.

I dont like a full back pack when using shotguns for some reason. I

PhotoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I used a Badlands Superday for years - liked it a lot. Badlands has other options as well. They are good packs. You cannot pack meat with it though.

JMDavies

WKR
I use the Kifaru 44mag for similar things. The zippers are well thought out, pleanty of places to add removable pouches and external built in pouches that allow easy access for longer items like spotters and tripods. I believe they just came out with a newer version too.

JMDavies

WKR
I use the Kifaru 44mag for similar things. The zippers are well thought out, pleanty of places to add removable pouches and external built in pouches that allow easy access for longer items like spotters and tripods. I believe they just came out with a newer version too.
I misspoke. The 22mag. Sorry for the confusion.

KRoch

FNG
I would look into the kifaru Stryker it may cost more because you have to buy the frame aswell but it is super versatile and you can throw a dry bag in the shelf or camp bag and drop it and go. I know you are going guided this time but good gear never goes bad. The badlands superday is nice but I like the frame packs it takes all the weight off your shoulders and the options are limitless with the ability to interchange packs for your needs.

dmess

FNG
I would look into the kifaru Stryker it may cost more because you have to buy the frame aswell but it is super versatile and you can throw a dry bag in the shelf or camp bag and drop it and go. I know you are going guided this time but good gear never goes bad. The badlands superday is nice but I like the frame packs it takes all the weight off your shoulders and the options are limitless with the ability to interchange packs for your needs.

I like my Stryker for carrying odd things like sheds or decoys but I don’t think it works very well for the camp bag. If I load my camp bag up the whole contraption hangs so far behind me that it’s annoying. I tried to add the compression pouches on the side kind of Nomad style but that doesn’t work very well either. Just my two cents on the Stryker. I use a Woodsman for a day pack now. My Stryker is my shed bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ski

WKR
Just realize that the badlands/tenzing rout it's harder for you to get the pack adjusted to your body. They are one size fits all. So try on lots because they fit different between all the styles that each carries. It's been a while since I tried on badlands but with my torso length one fit me well and the other two I tried on didn't.

Is that Kuiu that was like $150 still around? I would think about that route if you dont want to carry much weight.

Elkhntr08

WKR
I’ve used a Eberlestock X2 as my for years now. Added 2 small pouches and it’s about perfect. You can pick them up used for $100 or less.

G_Tacoma

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru Doorgunner is a solid option, It’s got just enough room for the basics that your looking to carry, plus you can add the Sherman pocket for a little more space. It carry’s and breathes well, you can also run it with or without the belt.

Mnmike

FNG
I have the Badlands Super day, and that has been a good pack. But have been using the SG Avial 2200, and prefer that pack. More comfort because you can adjust the torso length to fit you perfectly, and my back doesn't get as hot and sweet as it did with my Super day.

If you can swing it, or find a used one on the classifieds somewhere, the mystery ranch pop up 18 or pop up 28 (might be a little big) would be perfect for that scenario.

pc3

WKR
I practically live out of my Badlands Monster when it comes to day packs. I love it to death.
Are you talking about the badlands Monster Fanny Pack ? If you are and you like that you'd love the Outdoorsman butte 25 I think. I had the monster and sold it for the Outdoorsman butte 25, the main compartment is easier to get into and possibly it's a little bigger. I feel it's built better as well, the zips on the Monster a;ways felt a bit fragile although they did not break on me. The main compartment on the butte 25 is a "bucket lid type thing" with compression clips.

Are you talking about the badlands Monster Fanny Pack ? If you are and you like that you'd love the Outdoorsman butte 25 I think. I had the monster and sold it for the Outdoorsman butte 25, the main compartment is easier to get into and possibly it's a little bigger. I feel it's built better as well, the zips on the Monster a;ways felt a bit fragile although they did not break on me. The main compartment on the butte 25 is a "bucket lid type thing" with compression clips.

That’s the one. I’ll have to check out the outdoorsman if I ever need to replace the monster. There aren’t many folks making lumbar/fanny packs anymore.