Small item organization

22lr

WKR
I use Osprey UL dry bags for everything large, one of their UL camp organizers for all the small stuff. Gives me up to 3 layers of waterproofing (pack cover, pack, dry bag). Pack has taken many a dunk in streams while crossing, so far nothing has gotten wet from that. The material they use also works great as a pillow when stuffed with a puffy!

KHntr

Lil-Rokslider
Personally, I use the SG swing out and camp pockets. But I use those year round, as a travel toiletries bag. Tough as nails.

BUT I also use small Sea to Summit bags for other stuff. Not likely much price difference between them though. I keep my Jetboil and spoon and some coffee, salt, pepper, etc in that year round as well. Easy to know that I have everything I need if I just grab it and go.

Mosby

WKR
Trying out these pullouts from granite gear. Bought them a few months ago to do what you're describing and they work fine. Seem durable enough to last more than a few seasons and water resistant (my shotgun chokes got soaked when I stored them in one of these bags during a downpour but that's not surprising) + lightweight. Relatively cheap too. But they are small, the XL is packed to the brim with my small clothing items like gloves, beanies, balaclava, etc.

These are what I use for small stuff like fire starter, small first aid etc.,

Holmes

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the SG swingout bags for my SG backpack. I don't love them. A lot of money for kind of dinky nylon pouch. Still using them, but probably wouldn't buy them again.

For pointy things, such as crampons or tent stakes, I often use USPS Priority Mail Tyvek bags. Tyvek is much lighter than nylon or cordura, and *much* better at keeping pointy things from damaging other stuff.
If need the bag to cinch closed I've found lots of people on Etsy making stuff out of Tyvek.
Great example here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/154547594/white-polyethylene-case-white-tyvek
Much tougher than any nylon bag and much lighter.

I also use some Dyneema zippered pouches and stuff sacks. They're pricey compared to anything else, but Ultra Lite Sacks has good stuff for cheaper than Zpacks or UMG or similar high-end backpack companies.