small pack/w hydration

Blackstorm

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking for a small hydration pack for short day stalk Elk hunting, its a guide situation so will be back at camp every night so it doesn't need to carry too much. My list of stuff of stuff I want to carry is short spotting scope w phone scope, tripod, hydration (3L is best), able to hold snacks and sandwiches, extra ammo, game bags, rifle boot like Kifaru a real plus, and my shooting pad. I have picked up a scope pouch for the spotter so that it can be mollied to the pack if need be, ( I am nut about protecting glass).
comfort is important and I like something on the back instead of about the middle where I already have too much.
I have several overnight packs that can carry a lot and I used one last year but mostly as a shooting rest as the guide carries a lot of the stuff I would normally carry.
Just started looking and so far the unit that looks the best is the scout from Badlands but I'm not wed to any specific brand. What else is out there as a suggestion?

Tower

FNG
Sounds like something in the 1,000ci - 1,500ci range will fit your needs just fine. I have a Mystery Ranch Front and like it a lot but I think it was discontinued. From MR, look at the 2 Day Assault, or ASAP which has a bunch of molle on the front for attaching additional pockets or your spotter sleeve. They might have other options in their outdoor/trail packs that I'm not familiar with.

Kifaru has several daypack sized offerings: Door Gunner, Bane, Antero, Urban Ruck, etc. I'm looking to upgrade to an X-Ray or Shape Charge myself for a little more space (~2,000ci) plus the modularity options of a Kifaru.

Just looked up the Badlands Scout and saw that it's a pretty small pack at 600ci. My unsolicited advice is to be careful of going with too small of a pack, particularly if you're going to use a 3L bladder. With a well designed pack you can always cinch it down to take up the extra room, but there's not much you can do when you fill up a small pack. I use a water bladder also and find it takes up more room than one would think, so keep that in mind.

I have the Exo 1800 that I use for the exact same thing. It has great side pockets for a spotting scope and tripod. I also have the optional lid that I can throw on for extra gear depending on the day. The hydration sleeve is ok, a little tough to get a full bladder into if it’s packed with gear. They don’t come with the bladder so you’ll need to add one.

I tend to over pack and it holds everything I need for a long day of elk hunting plus everything I’ll need to deal with the animal if I get one down. Easily turns into a meat hauler too. Been happy with it after training and then hunting with it. Didn’t get to haul an animal this year but looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk