Small Plastic Belt Buckle Source

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know where to source small plastic belt buckles like the ones Sitka build into their pants? I can't stand anything over a 1" belt strap and need a nice flat profile buckle to fit under my pack. I have one belt that came with a pair of Sitka pants years ago with the perfect buckle but can't seem to find where to source something similar. Looking for a buckle like the top one in the below picture. 1" strap with easy clip and tighten abilities. All belts these days seem to be huge and bulky to fit the "tactical" fad. 3-600x419.jpg

OP
strousek

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
I have found center release buckles no problem at all. I am looking more for the quick connect style like on the Sitka belts. I believe I have found a couple belts on Amazon that have the same buckle. I ordered them to see ands will know more this weekend.

I have found center release buckles no problem at all. I am looking more for the quick connect style like on the Sitka belts. I believe I have found a couple belts on Amazon that have the same buckle. I ordered them to see ands will know more this weekend.

Looked for them a couple years ago (I too like the belt that came on my sitka pants) and could never find them.. looked again a little yesterday when I saw your question and once again came up with nothing.

Following along to see if anyone can find a source..

It looks similar to a Columbia belt I have, but I can't seem to find them for sale. It's a 1" webbing, and the buckle is very low profile. Looks like it only comes with pants when you buy them here's one that's close

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
strousek

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
It looks similar to a Columbia belt I have, but I can't seem to find them for sale. It's a 1" webbing, and the buckle is very low profile. Looks like it only comes with pants when you buy them here's one that's close

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Those are center release buckles that are very easy to find. I don't like the push button release when you have gloves/cold hands so the clip is far nicer. I ordered these on Amazon to check out. They look to be what I want on the picture but we will see how they show up. I will post back when they arrive.

andesite

FNG
Rockywoods has a 1 inch buckle that looks different but sounds like it might fit your needs. I find buckles to be really frustrating to search for, it's hard to know where to look and how to name the features you specifically want in a search.
Not sure if I'm allowed to post links, if not the part number is 6548-1

TheTone

WKR
The Amazon one looks close, I’ll be curious what you find out. I also like that Sitka one you’re trying to replicate. It’s the only belt I use with any of my hunting pants

andesite

FNG
Here's another option without the center release button.

Or I wonder if one of the Fidlock options might be a good fit?

OP
strousek

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
The Amazon one looks close, I’ll be curious what you find out. I also like that Sitka one you’re trying to replicate. It’s the only belt I use with any of my hunting pants
It is close however slightly larger. I believe I can make it work but I will keep looking for the smaller buckle like Sitka has.

AKSandman

FNG
@strousek, call up Fidlock. If you ask nicely they will probably give you a free sample and they have some buckles that I think you will find to your liking.

@strousek

Thought I'd bump this up... Just received the new Stone Glacier catalog in the mail this morning noticed they are now selling the belt that used to come in Sitka pants.

OP
strousek

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for the late follow up here. I did pick up two different buckles to try out this fall. I used the Fidlock that I picked up from Ripstop By The Roll as well as their flat belt clip. Both are nice and have their advantages. The flat belt clip is lightly thinner and more comfortable however can be a pain in the butt to unclip when your fingers are cold or in gloves. The Fidlock is very nice and easy to clip and unclip and my go to belt now. All said and done I have about $7 in the Fidlock buckle and webbing so sure beats the $19 price tag SG has on their new belt.

Attachments

• 20220131_171647.jpg
    20220131_171647.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220131_171732.jpg
    20220131_171732.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 17