Small Spotter vs Binoculars

Hi all I am looking to it do some more spring bear hunting here in Eastern Oregon and some more mule deer hunting out of state next year and am trying to decide what would be the best use of my money. My question is, would it be better to buy a small spotting scope such as the Athlon Cronus 50 mm to pair with my 10x42 Leupold bx4's. Or to sell the Leupolds and not buy the spotter and get a pair of 12x50's in the 1500$ range. All this would be off of a tripod.

Thanks in advance

ZackP

WKR
Hi all I am looking to it do some more spring bear hunting here in Eastern Oregon and some more mule deer hunting out of state next year and am trying to decide what would be the best use of my money. My question is, would it be better to buy a small spotting scope such as the Athlon Cronus 50 mm to pair with my 10x42 Leupold bx4's. Or to sell the Leupolds and not buy the spotter and get a pair of 12x50's in the 1500$ range. All this would be off of a tripod.

Thanks in advance

I would imagine it depends on the distance you’re glassing? Where out of state do you plan to hunt?

Couple things could work for you here.
Keep the BX4 and add a ED50 with the MC2 13/40 eyepiece.
Keep the BX4 and add a 15x56 in the $1000 range.

Budget for a tripod?

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss options and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes

Blue72

WKR
I would imagine it depends on the distance you’re glassing? Where out of state do you plan to hunt?

Couple things could work for you here.
Keep the BX4 and add a ED50 with the MC2 13/40 eyepiece.
Keep the BX4 and add a 15x56 in the $1000 range.

Budget for a tripod?
^^^^ this.…..But I recommend the fixed magnification eyepiece for the ED50 for better field of view and nicer image. Can be had for under $450

but the 15x56 bino would be my choice overall

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
It’s hard to beat quality binos for scanning, then a spotter for close up view. I like the combo of EL 10x42 or 8.5x42 with Kowa 553 for long hike trips. A 15x bino does give binocular view, thus more comfortable viewing, but will require a good tripod & gives you less magnification to evaluate antlers/horns.