Small whitetail backpack

Vinootz

Banned
I am looking for a new backpack. Not a big pack by anymeans. Just one to walk to miles into my stand and two miles out at the end of the day.

what backpack do you guy recommend. Something that’s just going to fit my water bottle and basic stuff for the day.

the alps stuff looks nice but I think I really want somthing that’s tan or coyote color all of them are camo.
How about a small tan colored day pack? Lol
All kidding aside, there are likely scores and scores of options on the internet alone.

Gen273

WKR
What about a MR TREEHOUSE, Badlands Super Day or a Horn Hunter Day Pack?

Vinootz

Banned
I am looking for a new backpack. Not a big pack by anymeans. Just one to walk to miles into my stand and two miles out at the end of the day.

what backpack do you guy recommend. Something that’s just going to fit my water bottle and basic stuff for the day.

the alps stuff looks nice but I think I really want somthing that’s tan or coyote color all of them are camo.
You can use a simple backpack they sell in Walmart and pay less than $20 for it.
That’s all I ever do for such. I fit so much stuff I never actually get to use. As a matter of fact I only take my lunch and drinking water out. The rest of it’s contents are for emergencies if need be. I fit spare socks, first aid kits, steel cup, chordage,fire starter, tarp, survival book, spare lighters, pack of kindling wood, bandannas,spare wood matches,heater blanket, poncho,compass,flash light,spare batteries,portable phone charger power cell,
roll of toilet paper etc.,etc.,etc. And I still have room. It’s not even a big pack. Although I am covered if I got to spend a night in the woods,
I’m considering a much smaller lumbar pack when I know my truck is 1 to 2 miles away. I figure I can do a Hugh Glass and crawl that far to my vehicle. If your not camping in high altitude mountains or some other extremely
remote location, an inexpensive pack is all you need. I have four different ones for 20 years now and with the exception of one (more costly), I didn’t spend more than $50 for all of them combined. They all held up to tough branch snags,harsh rock scraping and anything else nature can dish to a backpack.
Besides if you somehow tear it up(or whatever) you replace it. Certainly not worth spending a lot on a simple day pack. They are simple, cost effective and all around practical.

Last edited:

croch357

FNG
I've been happy with my Tenzing 1200 daypack for such days afield. Light and just big enough. I like that it has an expandable main compartment, and can lash a jacket or insulation layer to the outside if I get too hot while walking.

It does lack an external water bottle pocket though as it is designed more for bladder use.

That said, I am being drawn back to using a lumbar pack with a set of suspenders more and more when I want to go light. We do a lot of deer drives through nasty brush and briar patches in rifle season and that gives me enough to carry kill kit, puffy, rain gear, etc. combined with bino harness up front I am good to go. A lumbar pack also handles a collapsed turkey decoy nicely for gobbler hunting by strapping it right to the top of the lumbar pack.
can i buy the tenzing pack

croch357

FNG
I've been happy with my Tenzing 1200 daypack for such days afield. Light and just big enough. I like that it has an expandable main compartment, and can lash a jacket or insulation layer to the outside if I get too hot while walking.

It does lack an external water bottle pocket though as it is designed more for bladder use.

That said, I am being drawn back to using a lumbar pack with a set of suspenders more and more when I want to go light. We do a lot of deer drives through nasty brush and briar patches in rifle season and that gives me enough to carry kill kit, puffy, rain gear, etc. combined with bino harness up front I am good to go. A lumbar pack also handles a collapsed turkey decoy nicely for gobbler hunting by strapping it right to the top of the lumbar pack.
irate you interested in selling the 1200 tenzing pack

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not a Kuiu guy but I bought that Divide 1500 and I love that little pack for scouting and day or stand hunts. Took the removeable waist belt off. Can't tell I'm wearing it and virtually no profile.

Gsquared

Lil-Rokslider

Go with the Stone Glacier Avail or get the X Curve frame and a smaller pack that fits your needs currently. If, when, your needs increase sell that bag and trade up. Lightweight, durable, made in the USA. Can’t go wrong with these guys.

jd1006

WKR
Fjallraven Stubben. Awesome. I just hang platforms and then sit on this pack when I get up into the stands I have on my property. It carries weight well. There’s some additional pockets that attach to the sides and allow to carry a bow or gun.

I have about the same walk as you to my whitetail spot but its two miles of bush wacking. I’m out in firearm and muzzleloader season as well as the bonus when available. Late season can bring some frosty temps which means heavy coat, bibs and boot blankets which are all bulky. My solution is to carry a mil surp ilbe pack. I added the HPG belt and shoulder straps so its actually pretty comfortable now. I can fit all my bulky gear, stool and rifle. I also don’t have to worry about how I treat it unlike my zpacks bag i use for backpacking.