Small, whitetail hunting backpack suggestions (no meat hauling - just the basics)

xcutter

WKR
I bought the Kuiu Divide 1200 and it was just too small for me. Sent it back today. Ordered the Kifaru Shape Charge as they have 20% off right now.

LostArra

WKR
What size belt?
While searching around in my gear closet I found my Gen 1 (skeleton?) Exo pack belt that I upgraded to K3. The Exo belt fits perfectly on the Scout, even has the Delta strap in the correct position. The velcro doesn't match up but the flap on the Scout holds the belt securely.

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
The KUIU Venture 1800 is a solid archery pack. Very well laid out and has been a solid performer with me in the tree stand for 2.5 years now.

dcremin

FNG
I use the ALPS OutdoorZ Pursuit pack. May be a little short on molle, depending upon what you want. It has side straps for lashing shooting sticks. Has lashing on the back to attach bow if that is your thing, although I just carry my bow separately. Also, little bigger than what you suggested. I can carry extra jacket, etc. if needed. For $90 (Amazon) they it has been a very good whitetail pack. Used it for 4 years now and it has held up, but the most weight that gets in it is probably 30# when doing preseason activities.

Thanks for the feedback on the Alps Outdoorz Pursuit. I'm considering that for my CO elk trip in Dec. Trying not to be too cheap but most of our hunts are just morning or evening from the truck so I think it will suit me fine. Almost convinced myself that's the pack for me but frame packs are tempting....

Luked

WKR
I use my Kifaru Stryker. a lot of times here I hunt a lot of public land conservation areas so means moving from one day to another is possible Much easier for me to pack my stand and Tree steps in my ful frame and stryker

dog

Lil-Rokslider
Mystery ranch 2 day assault. Big enough to hike in with layers. Small enough to ft under the airline seat in front of you for the trip. (Barely)

tracker12

WKR
Pretty hard to beat the Kuiu venture 1800. But to be honest any cheap pack will work for that application. My old Camelbak works great and see no reason to spend Kafaru $

I'll throw in a vote for the Mystery Ranch Divide, which can be found for around $150 these days. At the top end of your price range but a really great pack for a day pack.
Do you still have this pack? One is available near me and I’m wondering if this is still a good option or if I’m better off with something new like the Kuiu.

Do you still have this pack? One is available near me and I’m wondering if this is still a good option or if I’m better off with something new like the Kuiu.

I ended up getting a used Crew Cab with NICE frame because most of my needs involve potential meat hauling.

Also, are you an ambient guitarist? Username. Hah.

I ended up getting a used Crew Cab with NICE frame because most of my needs involve potential meat hauling.

Also, are you an ambient guitarist? User name
Thanks for the reply.

And I am! I love all things ambient and tons of guitar pedals. Haha

Thanks for the reply.

And I am! I love all things ambient and tons of guitar pedals. Haha
And the Divide is a really cool pack. Not the best for hauling a lot of weight, and for me a bit lacking in molle because I like to attach stuff in different places, but a really sweet day pack. Most of the storage space is in the 2 wings and in the space between them when you expand the straps if that makes sense.