Small, whitetail hunting backpack suggestions (no meat hauling - just the basics)

RS3579

WKR
I just picked up a Antero with Organizer 2nd hand. It came in yesterday, I think it may work pretty well till it gets colder and I am packing in layers or if I am sitting all day. For those days I will probably switch over to the Shape Charge.
I use a Stryker XL when I need extra room. It compresses nice.

I have a Kifaru Shape Charge with a Sherman pocket for my hunting bag. I love it. Perfect for morning and afternoon tree stand sits or an all day adventure in the woods.

Last year I used a Cabalas rifle backpack. Had the pocket on the back to carry your rifle. Which is basically a Shape Charge and Sherman pocket. It worked good, had room but was a little bulky and heavy. I’d sell it if interested.

I also have a Kifaru Antero that I use daily for the office. I love it. Perfect bag and pockets. Plus the Lille Molle webbing on the front is perfect for an organizer or belt pouch to access something quickly. This could certainly be used for light and fast trips. K was initially in love with the Shape Charge, but I think the Antero may have my heart. Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll throw in a vote for the Mystery Ranch Divide, which can be found for around $150 these days. At the top end of your price range but a really great pack for a day pack.

OP
W

winny94

FNG
I'll throw in a vote for the Mystery Ranch Divide, which can be found for around $150 these days. At the top end of your price range but a really great pack for a day pack.
I have a divide I'm trying to offload in the classifieds. Just too big for my uses.

I really like the KUIU icon 1850..
It can be run without the frame system, has poles to keep it solid. Super lightweight, really roomy, cinches down really nice.
I use mine for white tail day hunts and it has really been a workhorse for me.

WJS23

WKR
Wow yea, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately looks to be well discontinued, so probably not going to have much luck finding it.
I picked mine up used three years ago in the classifieds

KMSbuck

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a small pack for day long or half day whitetail hunts. Won't be more than a mile from the truck, so not the traditional "day pack" that most here use. Just need something with solid zippers, water resistant, carry & organize couple knives, first aid, shooting sticks, lunch/snacks, mag/ammo, flash lights, etc. Really basic. I want better quality than the Walmart special, but budget of $80-$150ish.

Requirements:
External molle straps
At Least 1 lashing strap on the side (tripod/shooting sick/trigger stick)
900-1200 cu/in
Many small pockets preferable to few large

Right now the Eberlestock Bandit is leading the way, but open to other suggestions!
The Badlands Superday pack might be slightly larger than what you are looking for, but I have found it to be the perfect pack for long, all-day backcountry whitetail hunts. Tough, relatively lightweight, simple, well-designed. Super comfortable too.

Jays

FNG
I like my Savotta Jaakari M, which is a 30 liter bag, they also make a large. It's a top load without outside panels or zippers, but plenty of molly straps for adding. It's a tough bag, patterned after the Finnish border patrol bag. It's favorite feature in my opinion is that it is narrow, as is my body type, so it doesn't get hung up on brush, etc.. It comes from Finland with low cost shipping, and got here fast. I can easily throw my maxpidition water bottle kit over my shoulder while wearing it so I don't have to take the pack off to get a drink. It's over your price range though.

Last edited: