Smallest Rope for Hot Tent Clothes Line

treillw

WKR
What is the smallest, lightest rope size you would go with for making a drying line inside a cimmaron?

Currently planning on running it from the center pole to a stake and adding some loops. Other suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!

KH_bowfly

Lil-Rokslider
I have a LBO and use 1.8mm cord. I’d say depends how light you want to be and how much you want to put on it of course. My line definitely sags but is ok for 1 person’s clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
That stuff looks good.

Any ideas for how to attach odd things, say a hoody, to the line?

That stuff looks good.

Any ideas for how to attach odd things, say a hoody, to the line?

Make some overhand knot “loops” in the line. Then use carbiners run through the loops and use the gate lever to pinch the hoody to hold it in place. I’ve been doing this for years to hang clothing. Works really good even for very heavy items. Good luck!

tdot

WKR
I just drape clothes over the dry line. Also use the few carabiners that I carry with me anyways. But dont bring extras.

I don't tie permanent knots in the line. Keep it in one continuous length.

I use the same 2 carabiners and line to make a pulley system that I used to lift a 200lb Muley off the ground over the weekend, to skin it out.... made $50 cuz other guys in my camp didnt think it'd work.

First time going light weight saved money!

Wrench

WKR
You might consider making it extra long and allow for a bight with a half hitch on you gear....each side, pull the tag tight and dally the slack.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
I just drape clothes over the dry line. Also use the few carabiners that I carry with me anyways. But dont bring extras.

I don't tie permanent knots in the line. Keep it in one continuous length.

I use the same 2 carabiners and line to make a pulley system that I used to lift a 200lb Muley off the ground over the weekend, to skin it out.... made $50 cuz other guys in my camp didnt think it'd work.

First time going light weight saved money!

What size cord were you using?

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
You might consider making it extra long and allow for a bight with a half hitch on you gear....each side, pull the tag tight and dally the slack.

Confused at what you mean.

Wrench

WKR
This should let you see a half hitch. Hitch your garment close to the post, then again away from the post so as to stretch the garment out to dry.

Then the left over slack can be taken up with a truckers hitch.

Used correctly, you can eliminate the need for clips and excess gear. Learning knots will help a bunch in rigging all kinds of fun stuff.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
This should let you see a half hitch. Hitch your garment close to the post, then again away from the post so as to stretch the garment out to dry.

Then the left over slack can be taken up with a truckers hitch.

Used correctly, you can eliminate the need for clips and excess gear. Learning knots will help a bunch in rigging all kinds of fun stuff.

I'll have to do some experimenting.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
1.2mm dyneema for uberlight. It doesnt stretch. 300lb break strength.

Think you could hoist some meat bags in the tree with this stuff (wearing a pair of gloves?)

tdot

WKR
The only concern would be abrasion against the bark. But to be honest, it's so slippery that it's more likely to cut into the bark then anything.

I use a 2mm line for this purpose.

Make sure that the line you use is coated, it makes it quite abit more slippery.

I just wrap it around a piece of wood and pull with that.