SMH

Even IF this guy did make a mistake in his application, it’s completely irresponsible of him not to check his tag on arrival. Who does that? Mistakes happen and I can’t imagine someone receiving their big game tag and not looking at it and making certain everything is correct. To me, that part doesn’t make any sense to me. Either way, he deserves punishment for failing to dot all his i’s and cross his t’s. All his explaining only points to his ignorance and I’d quit following him if I followed him. I can’t respect someone like that. You rarely get caught the FIRST time you screw up. Odds are, there have been other problems that have occurred and gone unnoticed. Besides, IF you are trying to be a social media star and professional hunter with a big following you have to watch your actions especially closely. He didn’t.... obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, I understand where the guys saying it's hard to distinguish unit boundaries are coming from. For a rookie hunter that is valid until you've spent time in the field and gotten boots on the ground to understand the lay of the land. Even with OnX in hand and all the technology in the world, my cousin and best friend (both rookies) still aren't sure where exactly boundaries are, but guess what? If they're not sure, they don't shoot, plain and simple.

But if you've been scouting and applying for the same tag for 15 years or however long, I call BS on not knowing the boundaries. How many people apply that long and scout hard without having looked at a TOPO, GMU, and/or OnX map on a regular basis?

This is the USA, everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but an avid and "Famous" Brofessional Instagram hunter like that has zero excuse.

BTW I think this individuals Instagram post from June 2019 aged like milk, talking about respecting the animals and the land. Gave me a good chuckle this morning.

You know, I understand where the guys saying it's hard to distinguish unit boundaries are coming from. For a rookie hunter that is valid until you've spent time in the field and gotten boots on the ground to understand the lay of the land.

But if you've been scouting and applying for the same tag for 15 years or however long, I call BS on not knowing the boundaries. How many people apply that long and scout hard without having looked at a TOPO, GMU, and/or OnX map on a regular basis?

This is the USA, everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but an avid and "Famous" Brofessional Instagram hunter like that has zero excuse.

Thing is he is not even claiming that he didn’t know the boundaries. The 8 miles away thing seems like just a way he’s trying to minimize his “mistake”.

Thing is he is not even claiming that he didn’t know the boundaries. The 8 miles away thing seems like just a way he’s trying to minimize his “mistake”.

Agreed, was just adding my opinion on the "blurred boundaries" conversation earlier.