Smith & Wesson 460 Mag problems

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
Hello,

For those of you who have the Smith & Wesson 460 magnum revolvers, can you please let me know what you think about the gun? I am ordering a S&W 460 performance center with 10" barrel.

I came across this video on youtube (
) and how the guy is complaining that his frame has become unsafe after 400 rounds and S&W warranty won't cover it. I have also came across some other people complaining about how their S&W XFrame revolvers had frames cracking and S&W warranty won't do anything.

I realize that on the internet most people will only complain and happy customers don't really post their experiences. So for anyone who has been using their S&W 460 for a while now, how has the gun performed? Is it pretty solid? Also what is S&W warranty really like if shooting factory loaded ammo ruins the gun.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wrench

WKR
I have one. It's a monster. Full house stuff isn't fun. You must be cognizant of where you shoot from as it will destroy stuff with muzzle and frame blast.

My 329pd has been back to Smith multiple times for blast shields and a trigger....and always comes back quickly and free.

Kinda shocked to hear about this.

OP
kit_man_duu

kit_man_duu

Lil-Rokslider
I have one. It's a monster. Full house stuff isn't fun. You must be cognizant of where you shoot from as it will destroy stuff with muzzle and frame blast.

My 329pd has been back to Smith multiple times for blast shields and a trigger....and always comes back quickly and free.

Kinda shocked to hear about this.
So I just got the 10.5 barrel. How is the recoil with normal loads (non buffalo bore)? I am thinking of using it for hunting. Also what optic do you use for it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
I've never shot a commercial load....all hand loads. I have a few s opes that I have been rotating from fixed 2 through 2-8. I honestly think a 1moa dot would be the ticket on this. It is so heavy....and the scope doesn't help, plus it's asking too much to not destroy the scope.