Smoker for making summer sausage??

Whisky

WKR
There is not enough air flow in those to allow the pellet tubes/mazes to work very well.
I have no idea what the mailbox mod is, but I have used the cold smoke box from Master built before and it worked Ok. Seem to recall filling it up more than I would have liked, and sometimes the chips would get jammed up. I wonder if pellets would work better...

Tod osier

WKR
What are everyone's thoughts between the Masterbuilt smoke box, mailbox mod and the pellet mazes that you stick inside the smoker? Is it worthwhile/better to just buy the one from Masterbuilt or are the others any better? Just curious if it comes down to money or better functionality with one of them to help with smoking at lower temps. Thanks.

A-MAZE-IN maze works fine in my propane masterbuilt (propane lets in more air through the bottom, I don't know how they work in electric). If you are making summer sausage you don't need the cold smoking ability of a remote smoke box (but it wouldn't hurt).

jmez

WKR
I use the masterbuilt smoke generator. I haven't had any issues with it. I fill the wood chamber 3 times smoking summer sausage. I run smoke for about 8-10 hrs.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

The pellet maze was unreliable for me inside the smoker itself and actually was way to much smoke when it would stay lit. Also it produces a fair amount of heat that can be to much when doing cheese. IMO you need the mailbox if going that route.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04