Smoky Mountain Black Bear versus Wild Boar

Bl704

WKR
Very cool video catch.

Though having just hiked the section of the AT above Gatlinburg last year... Also just a tad uncomfortable.

willtim

WKR
A wild hog is one tough animal. It had to have been hit by a car. I wonder if it recovered and eventually ran off. I would love to know some follow up.

Spoonbill

WKR
A wild hog is one tough animal. It had to have been hit by a car. I wonder if it recovered and eventually ran off. I would love to know some follow up.
It looks like the bear has chewed on his spine, don’t think the hog won this one.

willtim

WKR
First of all, that bear would never catch a hog of that size. And if it did, it wouldn't have any front legs left to stand on. Plus it would probably be gutted by now.

Johnboy

WKR
Judging the size of a bear is tricky, but that seems like a big one right there.

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I saw a video from a different angle. At the end when the bear ran up the hill a little ways you could see a large (probably bigger than a softball) area where the skin was completely gone from the bear's bite and hold, if you will. It was big enough for me to think there is no way that hog is recovering.

OP
SMOKYMTN

SMOKYMTN

WKR

willtim

WKR
The point I'm trying make is that bear could never catch and kill a healthy hog of that size. A healthy hog would rip that bear to shreds. The hog had to have been hit by a car.

Moserkr

WKR
Thats crazy, great share, thanks. Both the bear and hog are big. But man, you ever seen a bear smile?! The look on that bears face is nothing but pride and happiness!!