Smoother head options on Vortex Summit SS-P?

ewade07

WKR
Hey guys. Do any other tripod heads out there fit on a Vortex Summit SS-P tripod? I am looking for a smoother glassing experience. Thanks!

Rob5589

WKR
I looked into a new head for mine. After a bit of searching it ended up being easier to buy a new tripod from Doug, especially with the combo deal he had a while back.

Almost any head will fit it although some may need an adapter. I have a outdoorsman pan head on mine.

I have a Summit SS-P as my secondary tripod, with an Outdoorsman's pistol grip on it. Needed a 1/4"-20 to 3/8"-16 adapter. You can find one for a couple bucks at pretty much any camera store or online.

Beendare

WKR
Some very good expensive heads ....but I use a Sirui ball head and with the right tension it moves perfectly with the bridge of your nose

Last edited:

TravisIN

WKR
For those that swapped heads, do you fee it made the tripod and more solid feeling? That probably sounds like a dumb question but I swapped out head on mine and it seemed like a different tripod completely. I’m not saying bc the panning was different, it just felt way more solid. I’m no expert in tripods, but never considered that just the head could remove shaking. This probably sounds dumb, I know what I’m trying to say but not doing a good job of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colby12

WKR
For those that swapped heads, do you fee it made the tripod and more solid feeling? That probably sounds like a dumb question but I swapped out head on mine and it seemed like a different tripod completely. I’m not saying bc the panning was different, it just felt way more solid. I’m no expert in tripods, but never considered that just the head could remove shaking. This probably sounds dumb, I know what I’m trying to say but not doing a good job of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Late response but what head did you put on yours? If that could fix the wobble I’d be pretty happy about it.