Snack stick and Sausage seasonigs

I am getting ready to grind up a bunch of meat and want to make some different sausages, snack sticks and brats. I am looking for any suggestions on mixes you have used that are easy and delicious. I have been eyeballing LEM's mixes, but I have no real world experience with them. If you have used a particular seasoning and it was delicious, I would like to know about it. Thanks guys for your suggestions.

Boog304

FNG
I’ve had high mountain breakfast and Italian seasonings and they were both pretty good.

recently got the cabelas maple breakfast kit and i don’t like it at all. I’ll eat it but just not enough flavor for my taste.

I’ll add that this was all with 4 parts venison and 1 part unseasoned ground pork

I don’t have any recommendations for Snack sticks

PS seasoning, Con Yeager, Leggs, and Owens are my go to for seasoning.
I'm partial to Lems Italian seasoning blend for that sausage.

If your just stating out, Owens seasoning kits make it pretty easy.

OP
H
Ordered up some Owens seasonings, Waltons and LEM. Got some High temp cheese in a couple flavors, various different casings. I'm just gonna make a little of each and see what I like.

xcutter

WKR
HI Mountain Summer Sausage kit is good stuff. I've been using it for several years now. Just want to make sure you follow instructions. Weigh all the meat out correctly. I usually do 1 more pound of pork and 1 less pound of deer for the recipe. Turns out great.

DroptineDC18

Lil-Rokslider
Take a look at Curleys out of Iowa. Can order online. Has great kits with all you need. Give him a call and he can steer you in the right direction. Have also made great products with Walton’s.

MHB

FNG
I have had good experience with the Hi Mountain seasoning kits. I have used the Summer sausage and snack stix kits with great success, just follow the instructions. I usually add high temp cheese and jalapenos to the summer sausage.

I have also had good results with the LEM seasoning products. Unfortunately none of the stores around me carry their seasoning products anymore so I have to order on line.

For fresh sausages (no cure) I have a recipe book (Great Sausage Recipes Meat Curing) that I prefer because I can adjust the seasoning to my family's taste. This book gets into the reasons why specific things are added and minimum requirements for a safe product.

For snack stix and fresh sausages I prefer natural casings. I feel they have a better texture than the collagen casing that come in the kits.

Felix40

WKR
LEM backwoods snack stick seasoning is my go to for sticks. Its simple and turns out good every time

Sammymusi

WKR
Con Yeager all the way ! I use their hickory mix for jerky and I cant keep it in my house.. I've made some of their summer sausage as well and its tasty!

I just made a bunch of snack sticks and used the LEM Backwoods Pepper mix. After I stuff them in 19mm casings, I’ll cold smoke them for 2 hours minimum on apple wood then finish them off in the oven until I get them to 165 internal.

hntr

FNG
Excalibur Midwest bratwurst seasoning is fantastic. Also, Don't use syntetic casings. They are terrible!