Snacks at home

Please share ideas for healthy filling snacks while still working from home. Trying to avoid junk and keep it cheap.

I'm in my late 20s, very active, and am trying to put on more weight. I'm always hungry and enjoy snacking throughout the day.

So far my go to's:
  • Hardboil Eggs
  • Yogurt
  • Cheese/Crackers
  • Peanut Butter/Crackers/Apple or Banana
  • wild game jerky

Legend

WKR
Cottage cheese. We call it muscle milk in my house....check out the protein. Throw in some fresh fruit and you have a meal.

Brendan

WKR
Every time I fire up the grill at dinner, I try to put an extra package of Elk, Venison, Chicken on the grill so I have extra for the next day. Leftovers are key!

I prefer Elk/Venison, but for non-wild game, I actually really like the bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs from Costco. With the extra fat and the skin they grill up great with some dry rub.

Get rid of the crackers if you can. Anything with processed seed oils isn't helping you. When I want carbs I'll eat as much fruit (Apples, Pears) as I want, and I do make homemade sourdough for sandwiches. Dinners I do eat stuff like brown rice, roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes.

Rice especially is easy to make extra in advance. Throw some in a bowl with Avocado, salsa, and meat of choice and you've got burrito bowls.

Last edited:

Gorp2007

WKR
Homemade hummus. Easy to whip up a large batch, you can adjust the ingredients to match whatever your tastes or diet dictate, and it gets me eating a lot more vegetables throughout the day.

ScottRK

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on throwing extra meat on for leftovers,less processed food the better
+1 on the cottage cheese,, fruit -used to put powdered ranch dressing seasoning packets,or ketchup on it when I was a kid -not now.. Was on a job 3 of us had brought cottage cheese for lunch.The ex- marine said his DI used cottage cheese with jelly packets on it for punishment food.
Walnuts ,pecans chopped into about anything yogurt,oatmeal etc.. Just looked at walnut bag 190 cal in 1 oz./ 1/4 cup.
Been eating peanut butter on banana chips instead of raw bananas lately.
Oatmeal with raisins , nuts, protein powder added.

This overnight oats kick im on has been awesome.

.25 cup oats
.25 cup skim milk
.25 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
.25 cup frozen berries
2 tbs chia seeds
.25 cup almonds

Healthy AF and keeps you full for a longggg time

LJ Buck

WKR
Popcorn cooked in pan with 1tbsp Olive oil. Then cover in 1-2 tbsp olive oil and salt. It’s a great snack that will get you a large portion of your fats for the day.

Slice up a ribeye and cover salt a pepper cook on high in a cast iron pan with real butter. 10min to make and great protein.

Not enough people talk about fruit. Don’t eat processed shit and just eat real fruit.

Remember fats are your friend and are huge for your body’s recovery.

drmatara

FNG
Cottage cheese with Fresh fruits and home made popcorn are the absolute best for me.