Snake Gaiters

treillw

WKR
Anybody have a pair? Brand? Do they feel like body armor, or can you hike in them easily? Semi breathable? Which would you buy?

Thanks!

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
I use the Turtle Skins brand, for over 4 years now.
fall of 2018, I finally got zapped during a Sept coues scout/archery hunt in southern AZ. Darn glad I had these on. Rattler hit me mid calf area. I moved my feet quick before a 2nd hit.
That 3' camo worm continued to buzz, move & re-coil, hissed and was pissed!

blew my stalk then & there on a 110-120" coues buck. My attention was on the buck, being 60 yards away & me closing the distance. Didn't even hear or see the rattler until after the zap. That buck ran down the canyon side, up over the ridge and I last saw it still sprinting the next ridgeline over!!
guess I shouldn't have yelled.

Bcleck90

WKR
TurtleSkin for me also. I thankfully haven’t had them tested yet but they do fit pretty well.

They are lightweight and comfortable enough for me. Zippers seem kind of fragile but I haven’t had any issues yet. I only have one season on mine so we’ll see on the durability. I believe they are worth the money and added protection if you’re dealing with any chance of snakes.

jmez

WKR
Used to wear them hog hunting in Tejas when I lived there. I wore ones similar to turtle skins. That style is the mist comfortable and can easily be taken off and put back on. None of them breathe well.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk