Snake in his truck.....

Beendare

WKR
Heres one for the snake fanboys.....an Aussie man was pulled over for speeding....his excuse, a Venomous brown snake found its way into his truck and had wrapped around his legs while driving.

Fox news article;

An Australian man fought off one of the world’s deadliest snakes with only a knife and a seatbelt after the serpent coiled around his leg while driving on a highway, authorities said.

Queensland police pulled over the 27-year-old man speeding at 76 mph (123 km/h) on Dawson Highway around 5 p.m. local time on June 15, police said in a statement Tuesday.

The driver, identified only as “Jimmy,” claimed a brown snake had slithered its way through his truck’s gear shift and attacked him.

“I’m driving along at 100 km/h (62 mph), and I just started to brake,” Jimmy said. “And the more I moved my legs … it started to wrap around me. Its head just started striking at the (driver’s seat) chair, between my legs.”

The Southwestern US guys can have a field day with this one....throw a dead rattler in the back of your truck...JIC- grin

LINK

mlgc20

WKR
I think I remember that from an episode of the Dukes of Hazzard. I'm one of the snake fanboys. But, that is a whole lot of NOPE right there. I love snakes. But, I hate being surprised by them. Yikes!

Mosby

WKR
The part that got me was where the snake kept biting the seat between his legs. He is a lucky man.

jmez

WKR
I wouldn't have been speeding. I would have had a heart attack and died. I don't do snakes.

This past weekend this one made it's way into camp while we were sitting around the fire.
20200702_225951.jpg
Two weekends ago I picked up that stick on the right and never saw the snake until I had the stick off the ground.20200620_171957.jpg20200620_172212.jpg

Roy68

WKR
My three boys were getting musk thistle in a pasture a few weeks ago. They get home and the oldest 2 promptly tell me that my youngest (10yo) bailed out of the truck while pulling away from the gate (maybe doing 10mph). I ask why. Youngest pipes up and says “well I dropped the rat snake when he tried to bite me”!! I asked where the snake was. He looks at me and says That’s why we are late. It took some time to find him and the brothers wouldn’t help me....”chickens”

njdoxie

WKR
I like to see snakes and I'm always looking, but I have yet to see a rattler in the wild. I couldn't find the snakes in the last 2 pics without blowing up the pics.

gumbl3

WKR
My three boys were getting musk thistle in a pasture a few weeks ago. They get home and the oldest 2 promptly tell me that my youngest (10yo) bailed out of the truck while pulling away from the gate (maybe doing 10mph). I ask why. Youngest pipes up and says “well I dropped the rat snake when he tried to bite me”!! I asked where the snake was. He looks at me and says That’s why we are late. It took some time to find him and the brothers wouldn’t help me....”chickens”
You sir are raising your kids right!

I like to see snakes and I'm always looking, but I have yet to see a rattler in the wild.

Seeing them in the wild is one thing. Its when you hear them before you see them and jump 3 ft in the air and start running while trying to recover from the mini heart attack that sucks.

rayporter

WKR
i get my share of rattlemocasins around here. last year at our state shoot i was setting up the trailer and a copperhead crawled under the trailer and out the other side to be met with my 22 mag pocket gun loaded with shot just for that. have not got any this year but there is plenty of time to get a few. if they are away from stock and pets i give them a pass.

in hi skool i had a summer job on a pipe line. i had to get pipe ready for the welder and when i was busy the side boom operator thought it was funny to throw firecrackers under my butt. he got quite the laugh several times a day until i caught a small hog-nosed snake and threw it in his old car. i figure the other fellas kept him from killing me cause he was super scared of snakes.