Snakes on a Plain

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry guys couldn’t help myself with the title.

Question about snakes and snake proof gaiters/ boots. How many of you guys wear them early season? I know a lot of guys wear them during spring turkey, but I’m planning a public land KY bow hunt over Labor Day weekend in a river bottom plain type area. This area is far enough East that there supposedly aren’t any Cotton mouths but plenty of Copperheads and Rattlesnakes. Should I be worried enough to buy and wear gaiters? I probably will end up buying a pair, but I am not to enthusiastic about wearing them in the heat. Also, does anyone know of a brand that aren’t Velcro for quiet on/off in the treestand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoonbill

WKR
I have had a pair of Chippewa snake boots. They are not velcro, not sure about taking them on and off quietly though. I bought them when I lived in Texas. They were hot but they have held up. If you go that route, get the goretex ones, the other ones are not waterproof.

Zeke6951

Lil-Rokslider
Where in KY are you going to be hunting? I assume Western KY, that is the only area that has all 3 snakes mentioned. I live in W. KY and cruise timber at least weekly now that I am retired. I used to be in the woods 4 or 5 days a week. I have only seen 1 rattle snake, 4 or 5 copper heads, and maybe a dozen cotton mouths. If you are hunting Land Between the Lakes there are significantly more rattlers and copper heads. I turkey hunt LBL and don't wear snake leggings. Good luck to you.

Rokwiia

WKR