Sneakers / Running Shoes

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Running shoes wear out extremely fast when you use them as everyday shoes. I’ve had good luck with approach shoes from scarpa, garmont and salewa.

TripleJ

WKR
I'm limited to the brands/models that come in 'wide'. Standard shoe sizes don't fit my feet. Over the last 10 years, I've had the best luck with Nike Pegasus in their different offerings. I've also had good luck with Brooks. New Balance and Asics have been OK, but they don't seem to fit my feet as well. I will have to look into some of the other brands on this list.

I'm fed up with my sneakers not even making it 6 months before they need to be replaced. All the tread is worn off the bottom. They wear crooked and make my knee hurt as well - separate issue. My wife wears hers out in about the same time period as well.

I never remember wearing shoes out so fast. At $100 a pair, it's kinda ridiculous that they don't last a little longer. I typically buy Asics or Brooks. They will go to the gym to run on the stair stepper on occasion. Other than that, they aren't running - too much impact on my knee. Just like them for around the house and town.

Have you found anything that holds up better?

Thanks!
Sneakers are not supposed to last that long.

sneaky

"DADDY"
New Balance for non zero drop have always treated me well. Altra for my zero drop stuff

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hoka and Altra are my go to brands for running and every day shoes. I tend to lean towards the zero drop Altras more. I've also had great luck with brooks. I do put 100's of trail running miles on my Altras before they head to the trash. In my experience they hold up pretty well.

idcuda

WKR
I don't know of any that'll last longer with regular use. My new favorites are Brooks glycerin - so far, they've helped clear up a nagging Achilles issue.

Side note, though, check out "knees over toes guy" to work thru the knee issues. I don't have knee issues, but when it starts, that's where I'm going.

krisgian

FNG
I tried a lot of models of shoes for running, and my favorite ones are Adidas Yeezy. I like them because they are light on the foot, and while running, I don't feel like I am wearing something, which allows me to feel less tired after a long run. Also, it is effortless to take care of them and wash them. While I am running, I sweat, and my shoes smell after some time. I quickly put my Yeezy in the washing machine, and I didn't need to be afraid that they would deteriorate during washing, which is a great advantage for shoes for the sport.

Last edited: