Snow Dillon Montana

13HELD

FNG
How much snow is there in the mountains around dillon now? And how much more before Saturday? Just curious

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how much is down there now but there is a storm coming today and another on Friday. Estimates are more than a foot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ben57

FNG
I'm hunting south of dillion as well this weekend. Leaving from Wisconsin today it's going be brutally cold. Safe travels.

Wapiti1

WKR
Make sure you pack chains, a shovel and tow strap.

It'll be fine. Great weather for an opener. Good luck.

Jeremy

njdoxie

WKR
Gonna get cold in CO too, am not looking forward to camping when it doesn’t get above freezing, would much prefer 30 at night, 50 during the day. Makes a difficult hunt even more challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ewade07

WKR
Search the weather. They arent supposed to get pounded by this round like everywhere else. they didnt get much from the looks of it on the last storm either. Here in Billings we got a foot. I'd be more worried about the cold more than anything. Supposed to be brutal.

Google “NRCS snotel map”. You’ll get a site that shows local weather station data. Good for recent historical weather (and old). If there isn’t a snotel real close there is probably a representative one nearby. Like most things not 100% but a good guide for what’s on the ground.

Google “NRCS snotel map”. You’ll get a site that shows local weather station data. Good for recent historical weather (and old). If there isn’t a snotel real close there is probably a representative one nearby. Like most things not 100% but a good guide for what’s on the ground.

Says 21 inches where we are heading. Rough lol

Fatcamp

WKR
Is this the year that shows the recent converts what hunting weather is really like?

Lot more fun to hang out in 50° weather versus 13°. Spend $1000 to not see elk, and freeze!? Now that's a bargain.

ewade07

WKR
Is this the year that shows the recent converts what hunting weather is really like?

Lot more fun to hang out in 50° weather versus 13°. Spend $1000 to not see elk, and freeze!? Now that's a bargain.
Last years weather was pretty miserable as well

ewade07

WKR
I remember when I was a kid trucks and camps in Colorado having to be abandoned due to heavy snowfall. An event like that would be epic.
I dont think the Dillon area is supposed to get all that much, from what im seeing the mountains south could possibly get 6". However, other parts of the state look like they are going to get wallopped.

mbrady3

FNG
Even without the snow, it looks to be downright miserable at the beginning of next week
Ahmen Brotha. You guys stay home where it's warm, no need to go out ;) lol. All we can do is make the best of it. Still better than working. Best of luck to all, stay safe and shoot straight!

I’ll be there, but Sunday looks like a real Lousy time to check zero. I’ve got enough clothes to stay warm, but moving efficiently will be the challenge.

codycleve

FNG
I live on the other side of the mountains from Dillon, in salmon Idaho. Not much snow to speak of and forecast is less than 5 inches but sub zero temps... I will be out with my brother in law on the Idaho side. cold in wind will be more of a factor than snow.