Snow goose trip

KurtR

WKR
Snows and specks around Sioux Falls. Spring has sprung!
i still have a bad feeling. This winters been so easy mother nature is going to let it rip one more time here in sodak. As dry as it is an April snow storm would not be the worst thing

Fatcamp

WKR
i still have a bad feeling. This winters been so easy mother nature is going to let it rip one more time here in sodak. As dry as it is an April snow storm would not be the worst thing

I agree. We are in the first week of March, lots of potential bad weather ahead.

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
Just got videos from a buddy that snows are about an hour south of North Dakota border, small flocks but they are moving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laramie

WKR
Gobs of them in Nebraska today- flying as high as I have ever seen due North. Best guess would be 20-30k seen today. The weather forecast is in the upper 50s to low 60s for the next 10 days. I expect the main push of birds to be in South Dakota by this weekend. Barring a storm to push them back, Nebraska will be a fast, one week hunt this year.

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
Got some more pictures of birds up near the north dakota border, i’m guessing all of them are leading edge adults though

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
Guys are making piles in south dakota now, it’s going fast. i haven’t seen any juvie shoots far north though

Laramie

WKR
Supposed to be upper 70s and low 80s in Nebraska Monday and Tuesday. Still several thousand in my area today but it feels like the main push has already passed my location.

WCB

WKR
that would be the ideal situation. any reports on how far behind the juvies are?

Guy I know is still racking up good numbers in AR. (Juvies) if the weather stays like this it will be a nice migration throw...not a mad rush push with all the birds stacked together. Still low 30s for highs and lows in the teens along the Canadian boarder the most part the next two weeks with snow. ND cools down next week a bit...will be little to no sheet water they will need the river or ponds/lakes to melt on top a bit

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
Guy I know is still racking up good numbers in AR. (Juvies) if the weather stays like this it will be a nice migration throw...not a mad rush push with all the birds stacked together. Still low 30s for highs and lows in the teens along the Canadian boarder the most part the next two weeks with snow. ND cools down next week a bit...will be little to no sheet water they will need the river or ponds/lakes to melt on top a bit

that’s what i like to hear, it seems like it’s gonna be a good season overall

jmez

WKR
One more time???

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Hunted today and yesterday near Paxton, Nebraska. Killing a few birds, but zero youngsters. We did find this guy yesterday, banded in Northwest Territories in 2018 as an adult bird.

Attachments

• BDACC1BC-7C5C-4FBC-9FA9-358D18A067AB.jpeg
    BDACC1BC-7C5C-4FBC-9FA9-358D18A067AB.jpeg
    402.6 KB · Views: 20

Brendan

WKR
Not in the same flyway, but I'm going in upstate NY in two weeks. Reports aren't showing much yet, but temperatures are soaring here this week too.

Brendan

WKR
Very nice. Be sure and post some pictures.

Will do. I love the DIY hunts I do, but 100% thrilled to be doing this with an outfitter. 3 of us going, big decoy spreads and private land waiting for us. Now we just need mother nature to cooperate and send the birds our way...

We finished the day today with 55 birds, a couple of which were blues and a couple of Ross’s, but only about 3 juveniles according to the guide. Good winds really helped.

Attachments

• 9AEC1D27-803E-4D66-AE72-7C1EC27282C7.jpeg
    9AEC1D27-803E-4D66-AE72-7C1EC27282C7.jpeg
    567.5 KB · Views: 20
  • D5C6D11B-62E9-4166-819B-CC90FF43F480.jpeg
    D5C6D11B-62E9-4166-819B-CC90FF43F480.jpeg
    683 KB · Views: 20
We got 11 yesterday. 1 juvie. No blues. Many flocks flying but didn’t slow down with the 30 mph winds we had. We only had groups of 3-4 come in unfortunately. Today is a new day.