Snow goose trip

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
We finished the day today with 55 birds, a couple of which were blues and a couple of Ross’s, but only about 3 juveniles according to the guide. Good winds really helped.

nice birds! where are you hunting near?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that’s awesome, thanks for sharing! you hunting more there?

No, just a weekend trip for us. (friday and saturday). It's a good time, but the price adds up, and we have enough meat for a pile of jalepeno cheddar snack sticks.

WCB

WKR
that’s awesome, thanks for sharing! you hunting more there?

about 500,000 in Mound City MO right now and building with a bunch more to the south. Friend of mine was in ND and saw zero snows. he was right around I94 and in the eastern 3rd of the state.

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
about 500,000 in Mound City MO right now and building with a bunch more to the south. Friend of mine was in ND and saw zero snows. he was right around I94 and in the eastern 3rd of the state.

good to hear, hopefully in a few weeks birds will be heavy in north dakota

Agree. Saw mounds on the drive back from SD to St. Louis in Nebraska Iowa and north west MO following the Missouri River. We shot 30 in 2 days in SD. Fun, but the birds just weren’t there yet. I’d still do it again any day!

1aa1a68cb7cfe96f9062239dd8aef3b6.jpg

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
Agree. Saw mounds on the drive back from SD to St. Louis in Nebraska Iowa and north west MO following the Missouri River. We shot 30 in 2 days in SD. Fun, but the birds just weren’t there yet. I’d still do it again any day!

1aa1a68cb7cfe96f9062239dd8aef3b6.jpg

where is sd were you hunting near? i’ve heard and seen really good things from south dakota in the last few days

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
just got a video 2 or 3 hundred thousand on the lake around here

i think today should be a crazy migration day, it’s nearly 70 with strong south wind. i’m thinking birds will be all over

Laramie

WKR
I haven't seen a snow in 2 days in my area of Nebraska. We typically have great numbers but they just didn't stop this year. Hoping the storm this weekend will push some south and east so we get a little more shooting in.

drmatara

FNG
Is it not early? Worse case scenario you can run south. Should not be that hard to find land to hunt in South Dakota.

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't seen a snow in 2 days in my area of Nebraska. We typically have great numbers but they just didn't stop this year. Hoping the storm this weekend will push some south and east so we get a little more shooting in.

give a week or two and you might see some juvies, i have seen pictures from buddies in arkansas that still have good numbers