Snowpack

BuckSnort

WKR
I was just looking around on a website that lists some snow sensors here in the Sierra's... In some of the areas I pack into there was 10' more snow pack at this time last year ... That's a lot!... Looks like I will be hitting the high country much earlier this year.. Just wish the mosquito's were as thin as the deer around here..lol

Here's a cool link to some snow sensors for those of you fellow CA residents http://cdec.water.ca.gov/misc/SnowDepth.html

My wife and I hiked to 10000 ft on Sunday. Had a few snow fields to cross but not bad, could have gone higher but time was short. Looks like south slopes are good to 11000 ft. Plenty of snow in the high basins in this part of Colorado.

"High" in Washington State is 5 to 6 thousand feet and you couldn't even sniff that yet here without snow shoes. Last year the high country had snow fields to cross into late July.

Is there a website or something to check the snow pack here in Washington? I would love to know when I can start heading up into the alpine lakes wilderness area, besides calling the ranger stations all the time

B

bearguide

in wyo our snow pack is the lowest i have seen in ten years