Snowy Range fire started

willy

FNG
In case one hasn't heard, There is a fire on the west side of the snowy range. Savage Run fire is the name currently.:(

OP
W

willy

FNG
just to the west of it. Type in Savage Run fire and one should get to a map with it on it

OP
W

willy

FNG
Thanks come2elmo, they changed the name since this morning.

TX_Diver

WKR
I’m halfway from Wisconsin to Wyoming right now (just stopped for the night) and the first few areas I was going to hit are threatened. Guess I need to get on the news and OnX when I hit Cheyenne tomorrow and decide where I’m going. Had some spots outside the closure but don’t really have a desire to be downwind Of that fire with no cell service...

This sucks man. Would be so nice to see some more moisture move in and put a stop to this one before it really gets bad, but I'm not so optimistic.

TX_Diver

WKR
Im in centennial now. Talked to a few people camped at base of hill and one of the rangers on the way back to town and it sounds like the closure will be extended to 130 tomorrow morning. Stay safe out there

I was wondering where all that smoke was coming from, went antelope hunting with my boys Fri-Sun and breathed in a good amount of smoke. The clouds were impressive. Yesterday looked much better than Saturday.

I hope so but it's grown fast so far. I'll be sure to do my rain dances; gonna make a long drive longer for me next month if it gets any worse.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
What a bummer! I have a moose tag there starting Oct 1. I got the email today about the option to turn in my tag. I’m sure there are plenty of places to still find moose but wondering how bad the smoke will make it.

wytx

WKR
North of 130 is not bad and lots of moose there. You can also hunt in Vedauwoo area. Good moose there as well.
You can find a bull in the area still open but I would say if you can come back next year consider it. Ask G&F about the number of tags next year if you do, will yours add to the quota or will they just roll over the tags this year and not issues new ones next year ?
I was within a few yards of a smallish bull last week in north part of your moose area.
I think you could still fill your tag but there were good bulls in that south part of 38, I bet they have moved out of fires path but where ?
Roads closed for logging will be open in north part, have seen many moose over there.
2 bulls we played with in 2019, north part of your area.

DSCN2847 copy.jpg
DSCN2852 copy.jpg

Laramie

WKR
What a bummer! I have a moose tag there starting Oct 1. I got the email today about the option to turn in my tag. I’m sure there are plenty of places to still find moose but wondering how bad the smoke will make it.
I agree with WyTex, plenty of moose north of 130 and the smoke isn't too bad over there... yet. In your shoes I would watch the fire news and wait to make the call. It will get really bad over the next couple days but then cooler weather is moving in next week. Hopefully growth will slow down then.