Snyder effect?

Randle

WKR
I guess its a friction reducer thing in my mind . Skin on skin equals chaffing

MattB

WKR
What I learned today:

There is a class of people referred to as jocksniffers.

And there are people who have nothing better to do than survail the classifieds trying to identify them.

I'm a trans-archer and have been long before Aaron.
Some days I identify as trad,some days I identify as compound,and sometimes both on same day,guess that just makes me an archer.
I do enjoy listening and watching Aaron's pod cast and videos, quite entertaining.

was here before he was and will be here when he is gone

but I do shoot both as well as guns. I don't discriminate

Rwplummer

FNG
Maybe I'm an outlier, but I never had the urge to buy a new compound, until something major goes wrong, but always want to try new traditional bows 🤷
Same! Traditional bows seem to hit differently lol. Right now I am a huge fan of Mike Dunnaway and his Wild Horse Creek Bows. Just picked up my second custom from him.

Haha I self identify as a Snyderite and consider him a good friend. But I started shooting a trad bow exclusively before it was "Snyder Cool".

I have thought about getting a compound for deer in rifle season. But frick a good setup costs as much as custom rifle. So I'll just rock my PRC if I don't take a bow.

I did notice that people are going back to wheels

But ya gotta think about all the people he got into trad. Hell he gave my buddy a Satori which he used to shoot an elk with last fall. My bud has zero intentions of shooting a compound again.

I really think there's some big advantages to a stickbow that make them superior to a compound as far as hunting go. Your range is limited. But being able to shoot without a range finder is a game changer. Being able to shoot faster and quieter... Has anyone ever had an elk jump a trad string? The last bull my buddy killed with his wheel bow jumped so bad he caught the arrow at the base of the jaw. 50 yards and yeah my buddy was off on his shot too.

The real question is ya think Uncle Snyder has a bow or two for sale? I've got one of his old bows and it's awesome!

Hawkeye29

Lil-Rokslider
Haha I self identify as a Snyderite and consider him a good friend. But I started shooting a trad bow exclusively before it was "Snyder Cool".

I have thought about getting a compound for deer in rifle season. But frick a good setup costs as much as custom rifle. So I'll just rock my PRC if I don't take a bow.

I did notice that people are going back to wheels

But ya gotta think about all the people he got into trad. Hell he gave my buddy a Satori which he used to shoot an elk with last fall. My bud has zero intentions of shooting a compound again.

I really think there's some big advantages to a stickbow that make them superior to a compound as far as hunting go. Your range is limited. But being able to shoot without a range finder is a game changer. Being able to shoot faster and quieter... Has anyone ever had an elk jump a trad string? The last bull my buddy killed with his wheel bow jumped so bad he caught the arrow at the base of the jaw. 50 yards and yeah my buddy was off on his shot too.

The real question is ya think Uncle Snyder has a bow or two for sale? I've got one of his old bows and it's awesome!
Dibs on the Shikari!

Haha I’ll try a Bob Lee at some point. Has everyone else tried one of each of the big custom bowyers? I’m slowly trying each of them. So far my Toelke has been the one.

MattB

WKR
You are confusing the benefits of shooting with and without sights with bow type - you can shoot any bow without a rangefinder. Back in the day we had quite a few guys locally who shot a compound bare bow. Likely the best of both worlds.

FNG
You are confusing the benefits of shooting with and without sights with bow type - you can shoot any bow without a rangefinder. Back in the day we had quite a few guys locally who shot a compound bare bow. Likely the best of both worlds.
The good old "Hunting October Whitetail days".

Literally how my stubborn father is lol still shooting a bear whitetail II like a recurve 😂

BDRam16

WKR
I’ve never shot a trad bow, but I’ve been wanting to learn for a few years now. A midwest whitetail with a trad from the ground with no blind is definitely on the to do list.

Interestingly, after I read this thread, I have had a few thoughts about getting a compound bow again. some mates of mine have recently bought new bows and they're enjoying shooting them, and my wife has ordered her first bow as well (a compound). We're so lucky with how much we can hunt down here I have half a mind to stop rifle hunting completely and use the compound bow for filling the freezer and the trad bow for my trophy hunts and fun hunts, however, I talked myself out of it. I won't get a compound until I get a fallow buck with my trad bows, as I've been trying hard for three years and don't want to feel like I took the easy way out.

Mind you, a lot of these thoughts came after shooting an ASL with wood arrows in a recent comp here and I didn't do too well. I've recently built myself an ILF rig however, with light arrows, springy rest, stabiliser, etc. That thing is VERY easy to shoot in comparison and I've gained a lot of my confidence back.

Having said all that, it's nothing to do with following Snyder and everything to do with me just wanting to enjoy my hunting as much as possible.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I just keep and shoot it all so I never have to worry about selling any bows I always got what I want to shoot. Traditional is definitely where my hat is hung and has been for a few years since before Covid. I have very good case for my Hoyt Rx4 so it stays in good shape for when I do what to break it out =).n Otherwise my recurves and longbows are all still strung and shot almost daily. reminds me I do have a few Border Archery bows I need to get sold.

It's funny, just yesterday I was setting up a compound for my kid to shoot and it did feel really nice effortlessly shooting laser beams that hit exactly where I want. Still no interest in buying one for myself though.