Snyder.....

Wrench

WKR
can you bring something to market like this. My hunting area is the typical North Idaho rainforest jungle. The 1000d Cordura is deafening going through this.

Can you bring a slightly less hillbilly quiet pack cover that buckles onto the frame?

My bastardized vest cut up works good, but I look like a homeless person.20200928_184500.jpg20200928_184533.jpg20200928_193114.jpg20200928_184528.jpg20200907_095716.jpg

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
How many arrows go missing from the quiver every year? Seems you could trail someone through there with the breadcrumbs they leave behind.

I always go quiver hood first and keep the bottom mine tip against my waist.....or risk certain death.

In my area I have to cross areas that are like this for 200-600 yards at a time to get into elk bedding areas......but believe me, it's worth the hassle. The deceptive part is that this looks flat. Much of this is on slopes that obviously have avalanched.

Randle

WKR
When I saw the thread about colorado deadfall , I thought come the north idaho and try crawling thru the cargo net of alder with a bow . You will appreciate the openness of the deadfall. hahaha
I made a similar cover for my pack Cordura is just too loud

tater

WKR
All that is old is new again...
The original Kifaru Longhunter had two funky removable fleece panels: camo on one side and blaze orange on the other. They attached with elastic shock cord, and i ran them one time before i realized that they just increased chances for getting hung up in the thick stuff.

That first generation of Kifaru stuff had a few fleece accessories as well (i seem to recall the add on pouches were all in camo or orange fleece).

I do like the fleece vest re-purposing though. Some serious ingenuity there.

furbis

FNG
All that is old is new again...
The original Kifaru Longhunter had two funky removable fleece panels: camo on one side and blaze orange on the other. They attached with elastic shock cord, and i ran them one time before i realized that they just increased chances for getting hung up in the thick stuff.

That first generation of Kifaru stuff had a few fleece accessories as well (i seem to recall the add on pouches were all in camo or orange fleece).

I do like the fleece vest re-purposing though. Some serious ingenuity there.

I still have my Late Season that has the fleece pannels.

lateseasonpack.jpg

i'll take the hillbilly approach. lost some arrows and made a cover for the quiver from old cam shirt, did not lose anymore

OP
W

Wrench

WKR
hows that fleece work with a little rain?
It rained on me like God was punishing me. It didn't hold a lot of water long term, but in sure it added weight.....of course hard to tell when everything touching you feels like its painted on.

I had a pack cover, but it would have been ripped off in the first 10 feet.

ScottinPA

WKR
Just got back from 2 wks in Trout Creek MT and ran into similar issues. May pick up some thin fleece and see about making a similar cover. Nice idea!

FLAK

WKR
Same here on the river delta swamps. All the Kuitka Glacier packs would sound like a herd of zippers coming through the undergrowth. Fleece pack for me.

MattB

WKR
I think it was Day One camo that used to make pack covers. I had them make one out of fleece for me for my big pack.