SO 8 Man Tipi

OP
E
My brother in law hiked into the most remote area of pa. We hiked roughly 5 miles from the road only to walk into a hellacious wind storm. We had trees falling all around us and had to bomb down into a drainage for protection. Ended up pitching the tent at the point of two creeks washes. It was less than ideal area to pitch the tent but we made it work and it was our only option with steep slopes all around us.

For the next 5 days we hunted from camp and stayed put. Had several opportunities on mature animals. Bear, whitetail and turkey tags in our pockets, we laid eyes on all. Even had a close call with a black bear chasing a deer at midnight 10 yards from camp.

Anyways.. the tent was badass. The stove was great to warm up with and it was a true mental boost every night to come back and be warm. If you have any doubt of buying this tent, I will have to say the hardest thing was to find an area large enough to pitch. BUT damn don’t you have a palace!

100% recommend this tent or any tent from SEEK. I do not regret any of the purchases I made.

OP
E
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you and looking at the 8 man for a 3-4 person group. Will be used 80% base camp from trail head and 20% spike camp for a few pack ins. Would like to hear more about how your trip went and what you liked about the SO and what you didn't like if anything. Thanks
Check out the post above