So Co Trophy Outfitters

These guys are talking about hunting unit 140 in Colorado. Your story says that you were in New Mexico. It looks to me like Ruidoso, NM is a long ways from Colorado 140...

Was it the same operation?

Kodiakken

FNG
These guys are talking about hunting unit 140 in Colorado. Your story says that you were in New Mexico. It looks to me like Ruidoso, NM is a long ways from Colorado 140...

Was it the same operation?
Yes. Same group. We were suppose to hunt 140 and Ric called and said it was very dry and would we consider going to new Mexico to increase our chances. Which we did. I posted a thread about my hunt. It was great.

Brushhawg

Lil-Rokslider
Sure is an interesting reply and even more curious review Ken. Really looking forward to hearing more about this hunt and how y'all came across 4 elk tags in Ruidoso on such short notice.

Kodiakken

FNG
Sure is an interesting reply and even more curious review Ken. Really looking forward to hearing more about this hunt and how y'all came across 4 elk tags in Ruidoso on such short notice.
We booked in April 2020 when everyone cancelled because of Covid. We took a chance paid deposits etc. On your comment about tags on short notice Soco Trophy Outfitters has landowner tags and had all correct paperwork on tags because when we went to get our license they had all landowner info per New Mexico hunt requirements. All legit. I see from time to time Soco get some bad rap and it might be from high expectations of hunters but all I can say my hunt was exactly what i was told. I went for the elk hunt and we made our own accommodations, food etc. It was awesome. And i will also say that Soco did tell us that there are no guarantees and we understood that as well. And I will say this, there are all kind of experiences. You can stay in hunting lodges, hunt elk on there land etc. I have done that too. I’ve been hunting in NW Colorado for 20 years. Some good places and not some good places. I will take my experience with Soco Trophy Hunts in NM over any experience i’ve personally had in NW Colorado. I will also say I'm sure there are some great places to hunt in Colorado. I’m only speaking from my experience. I will try to post some pics of our groups hunt if i can figure it out.

Kodiakken

FNG
We booked in April 2020 when everyone cancelled because of Covid. We took a chance paid deposits etc. On your comment about tags on short notice Soco Trophy Outfitters has landowner tags and had all correct paperwork on tags because when we went to get our license they had all landowner info per New Mexico hunt requirements. All legit. I see from time to time Soco get some bad rap and it might be from high expectations of hunters but all I can say my hunt was exactly what i was told. I went for the elk hunt and we made our own accommodations, food etc. It was awesome. And i will also say that Soco did tell us that there are no guarantees and we understood that as well. And I will say this, there are all kind of experiences. You can stay in hunting lodges, hunt elk on there land etc. I have done that too. I’ve been hunting in NW Colorado for 20 years. Some good places and not some good places. I will take my experience with Soco Trophy Hunts in NM over any experience i’ve personally had in NW Colorado. I will also say I'm sure there are some great places to hunt in Colorado. I’m only speaking from my experience. I will try to post some pics of our groups hunt if i can figure it out.
1611502000075.jpeg

Kodiakken

FNG
1611505878453.jpeg
Interesting first post. Just curious as to why you decided to register for the site for an outfitter review?

Welcome to Rokslide.
Interesting first post. Just curious as to why you decided to register for the site for an outfitter review?

Welcome to Rokslide.
I somehow found this site. Seen where Soco had some bad rap. Just wanted to tell my good story.

I’d hunt 34, 36 or 37 NM over most units in any other state. And expectations would be high! Like 350 and up high if I’m hiring an outfitter in those units.

Last edited:
Not saying Kodiakken is not legit but a couple things that seem worth noting:

1. Every post he has made has been in regards to this outfitter.
  2. He is referring to a NM hunt, not colorado. So Co is not on the registered Outfitter list. I wonder what outfitter they work under? The below clip is from the NM G&F website:
"Before hiring an outfitter, hunter-clients should research the preferred outfitter and obtain references. A list of registered outfitters is provided on this web page. If any person claiming to be a registered outfitter is not on the registered list, do not do business with them and contact the department. It is unlawful for guides to book hunts or contract with hunters directly. Guides are not outfitters. Guides must work under the supervision of their outfitter."

Last edited:
Not saying Kodiakken is not legit but a couple things that seem worth noting:

1. Every post he has made have been in regards to this outfitter.
  2. He is referring to a NM hunt, not colorado. So Co is not on the list of registered Outfitter list. I wonder what outfitter they work under? The below clip is from the NM G&F website:
"Before hiring an outfitter, hunter-clients should research the preferred outfitter and obtain references. A list of registered outfitters is provided on this web page. If any person claiming to be a registered outfitter is not on the registered list, do not do business with them and contact the department. It is unlawful for guides to book hunts or contract with hunters directly. Guides are not outfitters. Guides must work under the supervision of their outfitter."
They are neither on the NMDGF website, or the NMCOG that I can find

Sorry Kodiak. But you have ZERO credibility on this site. With what I have heard about the outfitter in question, it makes me wonder if you could be a plant. Especially this time of year when most outfitters are hoping to be booked up for the next fall. I challenge you to find anyone who can say anything good about his hunts in Colorado. I haven’t personally seen any. Anyone who might be considering booking with him should read the above review of a coloarado hunt.

We don’t even know that the guy in the picture is you. You could make yourself a little more believable if you post a pic of yourself showing your face and a thumbs up.👍 Then at least we know you are really the guy in the elk photo.

And “pricing may vary” isn’t an answer. He didn’t ask how much his landowner vouchers were. He asked how much you paid. Your last post sounds like an ad.

Also, even though you just found this site, you MUST be active on other hunting websites. In fact, if you are legit, you must have posted about your successful hunt. Please let us know what websites and even a link to your posts elsewhere about this fantastic hunt. Also, we can would like to see your posts about subjects other than this outfitter

Last edited:

Jaker_cc

WKR
Sorry Kodiak. But you have ZERO credibility on this site. With what I know of the outfitter in question, he might very well put someone up to make posts talking up his business. Especially this time of year when most outfitters are hoping to be booked up for the next fall. I challenge you to find anyone who can say anything good about his hunts in Colorado. Anyone who might be considering booking with him should read the above review of a coloarado hunt.

We don’t even know that the guy in the picture is you. You could make yourself a little more believable if you post a pic of yourself showing your face and a thumbs up. Then at least we know you are really the guy in the elk photo.

And “pricing may vary” isn’t an answer. He didn’t ask how much his landowner vouchers were. He asked how much you paid. Your last post sounds like an ad.

Also, even though you just found this site, you MUST be active on other hunting websites. In fact, if you are legit, you must have posted about your successful hunt. Please let us know what websites and even a link to your posts elsewhere about this fantastic hunt. Also, we can would like to see your posts about subjects other than this outfitter

Lol, I love it. Bad outfits should be called out

Last edited:

Kodiakken

FNG
All i can say is WOW. I posted a thread on this site. I posted pics of our hunt. I have 2 first about this hunt i have posted about. One is the first time i hunted in NM and a first time i have ever used a guide for elk hunting. Someone responded about the guy in the pis i posted was tougher than he was wearing rubber boots. That guy is my brother. I am the white headed one standing at bottom of mountain with my 6c6. If you look real close to my forehead i scoped my forehead when shot. I had a awkward shot when i had to shoot quick. I have got a lot of laughs about scoping myself. I am legit on this thread. I had a great hunt with SOCO HUNTS. I hunted in NM not Colorado. Cant say anything about that area. Ive hunted one time in NM and one time with SOCO HUNTS. Sorry to hear about other people having unsuccessful hunts. I have rebooked for 2021 with SOCO HUNTS and look forward to it. As far as rates i do not want to quote their rates. I booked when everyone cancelled in covid times. I might have got a lower rate. Not sure. Best of luck to everyone regardless of where you hunt.